You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Led Zeppelin Thread

Mook

58 minutes ago, cochyn said:

Now that is a red letter email. Congrats. 

Just asked Ms. cochyn if we can have one in the house. She said yes! It can go in the attic extension. Which we don't have...

Thanks. Dead excited. Trouble is, due to space limitations, Mr rb14 is rather hoping that I'll forego one of my existing machines. I have three; Firepower (same as the machine I used to play in the Las Vegas on Vicky Road New Brighton, back in the day), Cirqus Voltaire and Twilight Zone. To be fair, they are actually in Mr rb14's "study" so it's almost a fair call. Despite that, Mr rb14 can fuck right off, rather like Ms cochyn, no? 

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Mook said:

Pinball & Led Zeppelin, I'm not sure life gets any better than that.

Erm, what about having a wank? Yeah, ticked that box too. Had to wait for the delivery guys to fuckoff. They were a bit butch for my taste. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jun/17/scientists-name-frog-found-in-ecuadorian-andes-after-led-zeppelin

I see what they did there.

Scientists name frog found in Ecuadorian Andes after Led Zeppelin
Pristimantis ledzeppelin is discovered in Cordillera del Cóndor, which straddles Ecuador and Peru
An adult female Pristimantis ledzeppelin, which can measure up to 3.6cm from snout to vent

Researchers in the misty mountains of the Ecuadorian Andes have discovered a new species of terrestrial frog and named it after the pioneering British rock band Led Zeppelin.

Pristimantis ledzeppelin, known in English as Led Zeppelin’s Rain Frog, was found by the scientists David Brito-Zapata and Carolina Reyes-Puig in the Cordillera del Cóndor, which straddles south-east Ecuador and north-east Peru.

The small frog, which has coppery-red eyes and a mottled, yellow, brown, black and orange skin, is a member of the huge and rapidly expanding Pristimantis genus. The genus comprises 569 species – 28 of which have been described in Ecuador in the past two years alone.

The new discovery is reported in the Neotropical Biodiversity journal and on the website of the Ecuadorian government’s National Biodiversity Institute.

Brito-Zapata and Reyes-Puig said all the specimens had been found “on shrub vegetation surrounding streams inside mature forest, where they perched on bush leaves”, between 1.7 metres and 3 metres above the water. Males of the species grow to about 2.4cm long, while one adult female was found to measure 3.6cm from snout to vent.

“The name honours Led Zeppelin and their extraordinary music,” the pair explain in the journal. “Led Zeppelin was a British rock band formed in London in 1968, one of the most influential bands throughout the 1970s, and progenitors of both hard rock and heavy metal.”

They warn that Pristimantis ledzeppelin risks being trampled underfoot as the rich biodiversity of its habitat is endangered by farming, logging, mining, disease and the climate emergency. They also note the species is unlikely to move elsewhere and will need protection.

“Due to the high endemism of the Cordillera del Cóndor, the new species here described is likely to be found only in this restricted area, therefore it is important to consider new long-term initiatives for small vertebrate conservation actions,” the researchers write.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Mudface said:

Researchers in the misty mountains of the Ecuadorian Andes have discovered a new species of terrestrial frog and named it after the pioneering British rock band Led Zeppelin

It's a frog. Surely it's doing a Misty Mountain Hop? 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Black Frog

I'm out (thank fuck). I can't believe they don't have a song with 'Road' in the title so we can use 'Toad' instead. Obviously very forward thinking on their part.

Kashmir was provisionally titled 'Road to Kashmir'.

• 1 month later...

Led Zeppelin Documentary Has Been Completed - Variety

Led-Zeppelin-1971

Led Zeppelin Documentary, With Unprecedented Access to Band, Has Been Completed

“American Epic” director Bernard MacMahon has revealed the title of his long-awaited and recently completed Led Zeppelin feature documentary: “Becoming Led Zeppelin.”

The project, which was first announced in 2019, has unprecedented access to the band, marking the first and only time the group has participated in a documentary in 50 years. Though 1976 doc “The Song Remains the Same” centred on the band, that was largely a concert film of a series of Madison Square Garden performances in 1973.

“’Becoming Led Zeppelin’ is a film that no one thought could be made,” said MacMahon. “The band’s meteoric rise to stardom was swift and virtually undocumented. Through an intense search across the globe and years of restoration of the visual and audio archive found, this story is finally able to be told.”

A release date hasn’t yet been set for the pic. Altitude Film Sales and Submarine Entertainment will be co-repping sales.

The film includes new interviews with Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, and John Paul Jones, as well as rare archival interviews with the late John Bonham, who died in 1980. The film features never-before-seen archive film and photographs, state-of-the-art audio transfers of the band’s music and the music of other artists who shaped their sound.

When the project was first announced, Page said: “When I saw everything Bernard had done both visually and sonically on the remarkable achievement that is ‘American Epic,’ I knew he would be qualified to tell our story.”

First formed in London in 1968, the English rock band is best known for hits including “Stairway to Heaven,” “Good Times Bad Times” and “The Immigrant Song,” and are considered one of the most influential rock bands in history.

• Upvote 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...