You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ched Evans

Bjornebye

He should be forced to have sex with Judy Finnegan.  Better than castration.

Should he be allowed to play again?  Well, I'm afraid he should.  The game is full of rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, shit-kickers, Methodists and Liberal Democrats.

• Upvote 5

Harsh to punish him twice. Plus with one of the alleged perps getting off and Ched trying still to appeal the verdict which he can't do until 2015(?) then its a bit wrong to deny him the right to earn a wage. Even if he is a bit rapey.

Are you implying that Clayton Blackmore is in-fact Purple Aki? 

He hasn't shown any contrition or remorse over what he did and the way he has managed to bag a new girlfriend and brainwash her into doing his heavy I-woz-stitched-up lifting is downright creepy. If I were Sheff Utd I'd say he needs to do more to demonstrate he has learned his lesson before he plays for them again..

Of course he didn't because he still believes he's innocent. Which is why he's planning to appeal next year. Surely you'd keep your head down if you were guilty?

I know if I didn't rape someone, but got put in jail for it anyway, I'd be having no remorse either.

• Upvote 3

just read the story on it and it seems the girl was alert enough to go back from the hotel to retrieve a pizza…. so not as smashed as has been made out. 

maybe he is a dirty rapist but maybe, just maybe he isn't one and instead just a sleaze who has been fucked over by an opportunist. 

He absolutely should be allowed to play again. The people I see in the press saying he shouldn’t, I always thing are passing opinion without looking at the end game.  I’m (possibly wrongly) assuming this Evans lad has been a footballer all his junior life and so has no other skills.  So what’s the alternative?  He sits on the dole?  Possibly ends up going into crime to earn money?  Not letting the guy work in something he is skilled in and can immediately contribute to society in just seems utterly daft.  I’d understand if he was a paedophile who was looking to go back working in a crèche.  But this surely has to be treated as a positive case of a fella serving his sentence and then giving a positive contribution to society through hopefully not re-offending and paying tax?

• Upvote 1

Personally, I don't think he should.

But Luke McCormick is back at Plymouth after killing two kids while pissed up so I can't see Evans being stopped from playing.

Football and famous people, in general, seem to exist in a different world.

Imagine trying to get your old normal job back when you were a convicted rapist or had murdered two kids while drunk?

Of course he didn't because he still believes he's innocent. Which is why he's planning to appeal next year. Surely you'd keep your head down if you were guilty?

I know if I didn't rape someone, but got put in jail for it anyway, I'd be having no remorse either.

That's fair enough, but he has been convicted and I think Sheff Utd should take his lack of remorse into account. I should emphasise that I don't think there should be laws or rules preventing footballers convicted of crimes from resuming their career, just that a club should take into account any remorse (or lack of it) when considering whether to re-employ them.