You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

QPR v Liverpool

Paco

Balotelli so so poor. I always thought he was overrated, but I expected more than this.  

Ironically, he's putting Sterling's pass away for the winner all day long if it doesn't get the touch from the defender but generally you're right.

I didn't think he was over-rated to be honest.  Inconsistent for sure, but at his best I've seen him play very well.  Not for us though.

I was sure that I'd be laughing at those who said he was a daft signing for £16m given Brendan's much-lauded man management skills.  As it is though, I'm in the one position I was sure I wouldn't be in - that of being yet another fan left scratching my head looking at him and just thinking 'what the actual fuck is wrong with this lad?'

I mean he's a hugely impressive physical specimen, has strength, pace and acceleration, so why in the name of holy fuck doesn't he use those attributes?  Saying 'he's lazy' doesn't really answer the question either - fuck me, I'm one of the laziest motherfuckers you could ever wish to meet but I still get my arse out of bed every day, go to work and put a shift in and I earn less in a year than that fucktard does in a week. There are degrees of lazy; we're not asking him to cut a fucking forest down or something.  His signing for us has often been painted as his last chance at a big club and he seems almost wilfully determined to fuck it up.

I mean seriously, there is something deeper going on, or not going on, in his head.  Whether it's some manifestation of something like oppositional defiant disorder where basically the more you are expected and instructed to do something, the less you do it (what we used to call being a stroppy cunt when I was a kid) or what I don't know but when a player won't do something as simple as fucking run, somebody needs to sit him down and find out what the fuck is happening in what passes for his brain.  Steve Peters, come on down.

• Upvote 1

Seriously, that was possibly the worst I've ever seen us.

Henderson had one of the poorest midfield performances I've ever seen from a Liverpool player. What the fuck has happened to him? Ineffectual, outfought, outplayed, bottling it all over the pitch - especially in the final third, where he gave away the ball numerous times despite being in a better position to take some responsibility and shoot. Then to cap it all, gets outfought on the far post to allow them to equalise. Shockingly poor all game.

Gerrard, Lallana, Balotelli or Sterling got absolutely no service from Can or Henderson in the first half. Can and Allen were off the pace, but that can be explained. Henderson is going through a nightmare patch and we either need it to stop or he needs to be dropped.

Skrtel and Lovren. Fucking hell. I'd sell them tomorrow, and give Enrique away as well.

Balotelli is toxic to our team. He had no support, but when the ball did find itself at his feet, it was too often given away or wasted. Sterling is carrying us as an offensive threat at the moment, helped only by Lallana.

Mignolet prevented at least 2 goals today through excellent shot-stopping.

QPR will be gutted about their lack of fortune, which cheers me up no end, but really that was a joke of a performance from Liverpool.

The setup of the team was a joke. We could have been 3 down at half time. I imagine Can may improve with fitness, but Henderson should not be playing in a midfield 2. Rank poor tactical approach from Rodgers.

Johnson, in relative terms, had an ok game. Gerrard ditto. Coutinho did well when he came on but I suspect would not have been much use in the first half had he been on.

Glad I didn't go.

I dread to think just how bad we would be without Henderson right now.

Well I aint complaining. Last few games said all I want is 3 points and that's what we spawned today but I dont care. We'll play far better and lose.

What I would say is the manager needs to sort this defence shit out. Either sack you're defencive coach (if we have one) or bring someone in who knows how to drill and organise them.

Think it's harsh to be too critical of a player making his first start after returning from a long absence due to injury.

It wasn't so much his performance, which as you say can be excused it was his positioning that led gaping holes though the middle of the park that concerned me. He won't make it here unless he learns fast, he dos'nt look good enough.

Well I aint complaining. Last few games said all I want is 3 points and that's what we spawned today but I dont care. We'll play far better and lose.

What I would say is the manager needs to sort this defence shit out. Either sack you're defencive coach (if we have one) or bring someone in who knows how to drill and organise them.

Considering the amount of pressure qpr put on us our defence did reasonably well, as the old saying goes good defending comes right through the team, our midfield and attack were fucking appalling.

Considering the amount of pressure qpr put on us our defence did reasonably well, as the old saying goes good defending comes right through the team, our midfield and attack were fucking appalling.

I think you're a bit of a comedian mate. Our defence was fucking shocking but hey, let's slag off young debutant midfielders instead.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Balotelli simply cannot play as a lone striker in a 4-2-3-1. Whether that means Rickie Lambert, Fabio Borini or even Sterling coming in alongside him, something has to change.

The Italian will hope the change doesn't involve him dropping back down to the bench.

His miss from seven yards, with the goal gaping, was unbelievable.

Most worryingly of all, he was not necessarily Liverpool's worst player - but the criticism has come towards him more than any other.

Jose Enrique keeps trying to shepherd balls out of play 20 yards from goal, Martin Skrtel and Dejan Lovren played like strangers, Emre Can was poor on his return and Adam Lallana did very little before being substituted.

It was a bad day at the office for many, something both manager and captain admitted.

But the target is now on his back - and unlike the Italian, people are rarely missing.

not my words reckoner, the words of the echo

Guest Pistonbroke

That Jose lad playing at halfback

I'd like to give him a fucking good clack

He's thicker than granite

And twice as dense

He's no footballer, it's all a pretence

We've got a scouse lad, his name is Flanno

But this foreign manager won't give him a go

Probably due to the fact he is injured, but hey, apart from that i think your poem shows promise for a 5 year old. 

On the plus side my nephew who was at the game got taken on the pitch at half time at take a penalty. He just missed.

Unfortunately I turned it over at half time so didn't fucking see it. All the brother in laws mates who were watching started texting to say jack was on the telly.

Hoping full game comes on sky on demand. He is made up

Trying to figure out whether that first half today was the shittest of the season and I'm honestly not sure as there's been so many. Thank fuck we managed to get the three points. Everything looks like a chore at the minute, we're not seeing a sustained improvement. But at least we got the three points but Rodgers does need to come up with some solutions soon

• Upvote 2