You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Madrid Ticket Mystery

Preston Red

How do chaps and chapettes?

I take it by the lack of a thread on this issue, not many or none at all have been affected by today's "shady" ticket sale for the Madrid CL match.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/lfc-v-real-madrid-ticket-details

I can't post the full spiel as I'm on my phone. As we all know from previous years in European and domestic cups, tickets are sold to those who've been to previous rounds/games. To get mine and my wife's Ludogorets tickets, we had to have been to the EL games in 2012-13. Not a problem there. Piece of piss to get two tickets for the Ludogorets game on different memberships. Come to today however with the criteria being that you had to have the previous game on your membership, NO FUCKING TICKETS!!!! How can this be when the Ludogorets game was sold out! Who the fuck has got my ticket and more to the point why?

I know that quite a few people have been jibbed out of theirs too.

The club seem to be keeping pretty quiet about it too.

Something was definitely wrong. The screen bragged of all kinds of availability but nothing worked. At one point I tried to get only one ticket - no joy. Eventually, and I have no idea what dropdowns I mashed together, I got two in the Lower Centenary. So I was successful in the end (you're welcome, oh beloved brother-in-law) and wasn't motivated to put up a thread about it, but it was shady.

Me and my mate missed out too. I hate that 8:15 start time for sales as I have to drop my boy off before going to work so I can't get online at that time. My mate sat in the queue for half and hour before getting the sold out message.

Madrid will have taken a bigger allocation than Ludogorets and I'm sure UEFA's 'football family' will have much more interest in this one so that's where the tickets have gone. The sooner we have a bigger stadium the better.

• Upvote 1

Looks like the fucking UEFA Family took a hefty allocation also. The Centenary top tier was practically full before the season ticket sale don't mind the Members sale.

Read elsewhere that their was only 2000 tickets available for yesterday's sale.

Got one in the Kop though so I'm chuffed.

There was bound to be a shortage though in fairness by going just of the Ludo game. As already said Madrid take a bigger amount , uefa and sponsors take more and Ludo dropping to no credits needed in the members sale. Everyone with a hint of interest was going to buy that for the credit alone.

I'd reckon anyone that has these first 2 games on their card is now sorted for the rest of the campaign. If we stay in it of course.

Me and my mate missed out too. I hate that 8:15 start time for sales as I have to drop my boy off before going to work so I can't get online at that time. My mate sat in the queue for half and hour before getting the sold out message.Madrid will have taken a bigger allocation than Ludogorets and I'm sure UEFA's 'football family' will have much more interest in this one so that's where the tickets have gone. The sooner we have a bigger stadium the better.

That's exactly what happened to us. I start work at 8:00 so that knackers me for getting online for the tickets and the wife starts at 9 so she has to get ready and so on.

Good old UEFA screwing the fans again. I hope the cunts get food poisoning from a prawn butty

For this game, we would have filled a 75k seater.

I was a supporter of a New Anfield, and still feel the same, although I accept that ship has sailed.

If we had gone for it when FSG arrived we would have been in it by now, with 60k seats. A £450m stadium would have been paid down in fifteen years at £30m a season, £20m of which would have come from increased match day revenues. The remaining £10m is equivalent to a Ricky Lambert. PL revenues alone have improved by £30m since per annum.

I guess the upside is that those of us who have tickets will possess an "I was there" memory. It's a shame that memory could not have been spread further.

• Upvote 1

I think those priority right holders only took about 20% of their tickets for the Ludogorets game.  Pretty sure those same twats took all their tickets for Madrid.

Plus when a game like this comes along, UEFA always take a bigger slice to use as sweeteners and for commercial partners.  It's all a farce really. 

Bigger stadium capacity wont make a difference. UEFA, Corp Hospitality, Sponsors etc, etc will take the same percentage of seats.

People in the ATS would have been inclined to move on their ludicrous game tickets while clearly they are going to attend the Madrid game.

Bigger stadium capacity wont make a difference. UEFA, Corp Hospitality, Sponsors etc, etc will take the same percentage of seats.

People in the ATS would have been inclined to move on their ludicrous game tickets while clearly they are going to attend the Madrid game.

Oh dear.

90% of 70,000 > 90% of 45,000.

Tomorrow we will cover four times tables.

Oh dear.

90% of 70,000 > 90% of 45,000.

Tomorrow we will cover four times tables.

Well d'uh! In pure numbers more will get tickets but as a percentage there's no increase. In other words, the ratio of people missing out will be the same which is what I said.

I guess the upside is that those of us who have tickets will possess an "I was there" memory. It's a shame that memory could not have been spread further.

With Madrid's front line against our back line that could be for all the wrong reasons....

Another question that needs to be asked is why didn't the club publish how many tickets were available.

Because they know how much anger would come their way.

At City (which I'm only mentioning to get comparison with the shady dealings)... there's a number of sections that get taken up by 'friends of UEFA'. Now, these aren't full blocks but more like 10 rows or so in different places around the ground (but quite decent positions).

I have only just learned this having had a rant on Blue Moon about this - because it LOOKS like whole swathes of away fans are getting tickets.

'Friends of UEFA' sounds like you'd expect the usual dignitaries, but no, it's bog standards fans - and always away fans. So, it seems like UEFA get a load of seats and they end up in the hands of away fans. Mostly likely because they get sold abroad on some foreign sites..

I'd imagine a similar scenario is happening at Liverpool, and thus a few thousand proper Liverpool supporters will be missing out on tickets, and UEFA will have the cheek to let them slip into the hands of away fans.

It's just one more instance of the way UEFA operates, with absolutely no regard to genuine fans.

I know you guys are operating a different ticketing scheme than City, but it would be interesting to find out what the actual allocation is between Liverpool, Real and 'others'. I bet 'others' is a lot higher for the Real game.

The club are useless with their ticketing, the whole system is basically a promotion for touts.  I'm not really sure they can be blamed for UEFA being glory supporters and taking a shit load of tickets for probably the most sentimental game in the Champions League though.

The tickets that are supposed to go to UEFA should be heavily scrutinised to make sure they at least end up where they are supposed to go. They are (arguably) the worst touts of all.

• Upvote 1