You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Victor Valdes

WhiskeyJar

My understanding was that it was agreed between club and player \ agent, he'd have a medical to prove his fitness. On that basis, I wouldnt have a problem signing valdes although I do think he is grossly overrated.

Im not sure what the club would find out in 3 or 4 days what it wouldnt do in a medical (we binned remy off on the medical after all) but to my uneducated eye, I dont think the club is making an unreasonable request given the seriousness of the injury.

What the player has won in a two club league seems immaterial to the here and now. I'd hope the club and player could sit down and talk about it but if valdes wants to chuck his toys out the pram coming the big I am (which given his past comments wouldnt surprise me) then yes, he can do one and I think the club would be right to not proceed.

Fucking up another signing I see? This committee never fails to surprise me.

The club is being reasonable, while Valdes is overrated?

Heh, have you been watching us recently? Have you been following Mignolet or even Reina the past few years?

...................and you call Valdes, what? overrated?

Fucking up another signing I see? This committee never fails to surprise me.

The club is being reasonable, while Valdes is overrated?

Heh, have you been watching us recently? Have you been following Mignolet or even Reina the past few years?

...................and you call Valdes, what? overrated?

LOL! Suck it up and swallow, bitch.

He's a free agent, a man without a club, who has had a major injury and not played for months, who will want a big wage.

Fucking right he should prove himself.

If he does not want to do this trial then it shows his lack of desire or lack of real interest in playing for us. If he wanted it he would be here like a shot and proving to us and to himself he is ready to go.

• Upvote 4

Lets be honest we don't know what has been agreed with Valdes prior to us wanting this 4 day trial, he might feel like he is being told to jump through hoops a bit and thinks he deserves more respect.

We do fuck up and protract far too many deals for it to ALWAYS be the players faults.

I think too many assume far too much. We have budgets and stick to them, people moan like fuck. We splash the cash and people moan like fuck.

Some you win, some you lose. We are not in a position to pay 4 or 5 players 250 thou a week. And if we did, people would moan like fuck about it.

Normal people seeking employment are effectively on trial and can be fucked off with very little recourse for up to a year if they aren't up to it .It begs the question why footballers should be different but that aside why is Valdes worried about a short trial if hes fully fit. As I understand it he wants Liverpool to take all the risk if he breaks down again , an outcome that could potentially cost millions . In this situation can't really blame the club for not taking him on those terms. There would be some serious fucking shit flying if he was crocked in 5 mins and we were on the hook for his wages. 

Normal people seeking employment are effectively on trial and can be fucked off with very little recourse for up to a year if they aren't up to it .It begs the question why footballers should be different but that aside why is Valdes worried about a short trial if hes fully fit. As I understand it he wants Liverpool to take all the risk if he breaks down again , an outcome that could potentially cost millions . In this situation can't really blame the club for not taking him on those terms. There would be some serious fucking shit flying if he was crocked in 5 mins and we were on the hook for his wages. 

Two years.

Why has he got a right to tell us to fuck off? he hasn't got a job, has been crocked. He should be desperate to prove his worth to a potential employer.

If he had a job, was training and or playing regularly then yeah he would be right to tell us to do one.

Because he has played over 500 times for Barcelona and won't find it very difficult to find a top club that will sign him without a four day medical.

Because he has played over 500 times for Barcelona and won't find it very difficult to find a top club that will sign him without a four day medical.

Then he can go and sign for that top club then. Let's see how many are queuing up to take him given his current status.

• Upvote 1