You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Twin Peaks.

Frankenhooker

• 2 weeks later...

I've never seen the original. Is it really worth watching or is it something people pretend to enjoy because it's Lynch?

I thought the original was ace apart from the drop-off on the second season. The latest series isn't the same show, it's so abstract and obscure in parts that it is taking some time to get used to.

I've only just gotten round to watching parts 1 and 2. Thought it was fucking ace. Loved the glass box haha. That shot of New York (or Manhattan?) was astonishing. Great to see Twin Peaks moving out into the wider world.  

I'm a member of a Twin Peaks forum and they've all gone fucking bananas, calling Lynch all sorts for destroying the coffee and doughnuts comfort blanket of the TP they've always known. Haha, I can't believe they didn't see it coming.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Fucking Hell.

Lynch has said this is an 18-hour movie.

It's less a movie version of Twin Peaks than a serialisation of Eraserhead. 

Very very very disturbing. 

This is the water ...

How fucking good was that ?!

Amazing episode, once seen never forgotten.

How fucking good was that ?!

Amazing episode, once seen never forgotten.

The last few episodes seem to be exploring the whole David Lynch Universe. Elements of almost all of his films and themes are cropping up - good v evil, organised crime, weird hybrid creatures, worlds within worlds, Americana, corruption of innocence.

Loads of his trademark shots of the stars (running right through from the Elephant Man to the Straight story) and headlight on the highway at night (Wild at Heart, Mulholland, Lost Highway etc).

That was mad and in my opinion quite shite.

I'm getting quite fed up with it. There's being out there and then there's just being pretentious for no reason. You can take it in a 90 minute movie but 18 hrs of this schlock is stretching it way beyond patience.

I'm up to episode 6. I'm loving it TBH. I can't work out if it's great, shit or something inbetween. In fact, I could say it's none of them - I've never seen TV like it. I guess if you want more straightforward A to B to C telly then watch something else cos there's plenty of that out there.

That first 20 minutes of episode 3 when Cooper's in that weird tin can in the purple sea, and that woman with no eyes and then they go upstairs into space - what the fuck! Lynch is definitely taking the piss. But that effect when Cooper and the woman were stuttering was masterful.

It's television Jim - but not as we know it.

Oh, also, I have actually found I enjoy the episodes more on a rewatch - I've been watching it two episodes at a time. First time on TV, second time on the laptop with headphones (loud). Stuff that might have been borderline nonsense first time, I find myself enjoying second time.

Also (2) - there are so many references and callbacks it's hard to keep up. People are going to pore over this for years.

Finally - what happened to Naomi Watts? I used to think she was fit, but she looks really underweight these days.