You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Twin Peaks.

Frankenhooker

I downloaded it on a torrent - I think I looked for 'FWWM Q2 fanedit'. I just let it download overnight, it was about 7gb.

https://nerdlikeagirl.wordpress.com/2014/11/02/the-pros-and-cons-of-division-twin-peaks-fire-walk-with-me-fanedit-capsule-review/

''I can’t contrast it to the original because I never got to see the original, Diane, but I will say that the fan edit is stunning. In some ways the new FWWM feels more compelling than the original series, because the centrifugal force isn’t diverted by development schemes or sawmills on fire, but on the only plot that truly matters – the life and death of Laura Palmer, given a stunning and compelling enormity by Sheryl Lee. Through her virtuoso performance – there’s a scene that will stick in your mind forever once you’ve seen it – we can easily see how Laura captivated the entire town, made herself its center, the spider-queen at the core of the web. At the same time, we also see how thoroughly that web traps her, keeps her stuck in her place – suspended, frustrated, and vulnerable.

''The fan cut is basically seamless – production wise, very well put together. I didn’t notice any particular feeling of ‘this was cut in from somewhere else’ apart from a couple of sequences that looked a bit ‘grainier’ than others- viewing on my tablet. It flows tremendously well, and even though the length is quite excessive, it goes down smooth. I was caught up in its web, too.''

Watch Season 1 (Pilot + Episodes 1-7), then watch Season 2 until episode 16 (Episode 9 of Season 2). All of that is brilliant.

Then watch the last two episodes of S2 (28 as a lead in and 29 because it is fantastic).

In my opinion reading a synopsis of the stuff in between would suffice.

Fire Walk With Me (The Movie) is set before the Pilot, you should probably watch that one too, but after all the above.

Correct.

44696666b5c3a02e5c03060f746a4902.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after a 26 year wait I've just seen it, the first 2 hour episode of series 3, and if you're a fan then it's safe to say you will love it. For those who aren''t fans of David Lynch or of Twin Peaks then I would say just don't bother becauuse you will most defintely not get it.

How many episodes in this series ? Hope it's a lengthy run because I feel we're gonna need it. Defo got to watch it again later, phone turned off.

Not going to say anymore apart from enjoy, it's damn fine.

• Upvote 2

I didn't watch it (yet) but going off what I've read online, the TP forum I sometimes go on and the Facebook group I'm on, it's definitely full on Lynch. Which is what I wanted. Clearly some people didn't though - they thought it'd all be cherry pies and coffee and wacky characters. I'm guessing it's not!

Can't wait, sounds right up my street. My favourite lynch film is probably Lost Highway.

• Upvote 1

I didn't watch it (yet) but going off what I've read online, the TP forum I sometimes go on and the Facebook group I'm on, it's definitely full on Lynch. Which is what I wanted. Clearly some people didn't though - they thought it'd all be cherry pies and coffee and wacky characters. I'm guessing it's not!

Can't wait, sounds right up my street. My favourite lynch film is probably Lost Highway.

In for a treat I think ?

FWIW my favourite Lynch film is The Straight Story !

Although television has exploded over the last 25 years, and Netflix, downloading and Kodi have meant that hundreds of quality shows are each there, readily available at your fingertips, I can honestly say that Twin Peaks remains unique. There simply isn't anything else even remotely like it.

I was just going to put up a link to the Great Northern Hotel mugs I gave away last christmas, but it seems they have cracked down on almost all the cool Twin Peaks designs on Redbubble. Must be connected to the new episodes surely.

Yeah the Straight Story is great. It was filmed in script sequence I think?

I've just rewatched the TP show. I must say I think the first ten episodes of the second series are as good as if not better than the first series.

EDIT - I skipped about ten episodes after that and went straight to the penultimate episode (Miss Twin Peaks - jesus save us) and the last episode (amazing).