You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Twin Peaks.

Frankenhooker

Yeah, some of the second series was sh*t. The first few were great, and then the last one was amazing. Inbewteen, not so much. The thing about Twin Peaks - the highpoints are VERY high. Also, I've always preferred the film and Lynch's input. As Lynch said: ''What killed Twin Peaks originally was ‘who killed Laura Palmer?’ was a question we didn’t ever really want to answer. That Laura Palmer mystery was the goose that laid these little golden eggs. At a certain point we were told we needed to wrap that up, and it never really got going again after that.”

The new series is basically 18 hours of a Lynch twin peaks film. It could potentially be amazing. I really hope he hasn't overstretched himself.

Great quote from his press conference though -

'As an example, when asked how he and Mark Frost work together and write the show, he replied:

“In the beginning, many years ago, Mark and I – as if lost in the wilderness – as it always is in the beginning, we seemed to find some mountain and we began the climb. And when we rounded the mountain we entered a deep forest, and going through the forest for a time the trees began to thin, and when we came out of the woods we discovered this small town called Twin Peaks. And we got to know many of the people in Twin Peaks and the people who visited Twin Peaks, and we discovered a mystery. And within this mystery were many other mysteries, and we discovered a world, and within this world there were other worlds. That’s how it started, and that’s what brings us here today, and the story continues.”

Haha, I wish I could talk like that.

• Upvote 2

I have the soundtrack, so so good. The highlight for me being the ethereal Into The Night. Listen to that with all the lights off...and then shit your kecks when the middle 12 stabs you with a violence that Norman Bates couldn't even dream of.

Writing this on my TV's browser so I can't post the Youtube clip. Anybody ?

• Upvote 2

I also love the other tracks Cruise sings - in that one particular episode - which are not on the CD. That last one is so incredibly sad.

100%

Don't suppose you could post the Youtube clip of what is possibly the best scene from the entire series, where Audrey ties the cherry stalk into a knot using only her tongue ?!

Mama...

• 3 months later...

I've never actually watched the whole thing.

From what people have heard, would I get away with just watching the first season? Is the second season as awful as people say? Is the movie of any importance?

Watch Season 1 (Pilot + Episodes 1-7), then watch Season 2 until episode 16 (Episode 9 of Season 2). All of that is brilliant.

Then watch the last two episodes of S2 (28 as a lead in and 29 because it is fantastic).

In my opinion reading a synopsis of the stuff in between would suffice.

Fire Walk With Me (The Movie) is set before the Pilot, you should probably watch that one too, but after all the above.

• Upvote 2

Watch Season 1 (Pilot + Episodes 1-7), then watch Season 2 until episode 16 (Episode 9 of Season 2). All of that is brilliant.

Then watch the last two episodes of S2 (28 as a lead in and 29 because it is fantastic).

In my opinion reading a synopsis of the stuff in between would suffice.

Fire Walk With Me (The Movie) is set before the Pilot, you should probably watch that one too, but after all the above.

Thanks mate, sounds like a plan.

Agree with that. For me the first series is mostly really good. The second series is too long and there are quite a lot of bum episodes - but it does have the three best episodes of the whole show (basically keep an eye out for the David Lynch directed shows).

All considered though, and as a fan, it does move a little slowly compared to modern TV. Don't go in expecting a balls out show.

The film is brilliant, I prefer it to the TV series. But then I'm a Lynch fan and love his stuff.

Also, the fan edit 3+ hour version of the film is amazing. But that's for die hard fans really.

Haha, fair point. I'm in a Twin Peaks group on Facebook and the majority of them love all the quirky kooky stuff which I can't stand. It's surprising how many of them don't like the film - but the film is a dark and disturbing and is basically about child abuse. I really hope Lynch cranks up the horror and hell and bins off all the fluffy stuff. He's already said the film will play a key role in the new series. I reckon he'll put some noses out of joint (like he did with the film).