You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Twin Peaks.

Frankenhooker

• 2 months later...

The Lynch endorsed Twin Peaks (everything up to and including the reveal (a few episodes into series 2) and then the very final episode) is timeless and still looks great imo, the remainder (majority of series 2) is utter gash.

See thats what puts me off. A shit season 2.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Twin Peaks sequel will not be directed by David Lynch after money dispute

David Lynch has confirmed he will not be directing a sequel to the cult series Twin Peaks after a disagreement over money with a TV network.

The film-maker and co-creator of the original 1990’s show said on Twitter Sunday: “After one year and four months of negotiations, I left because not enough money was offered to do the script the way I felt it needed to be done.”

Lynch added that TV network, Showtime, “did not pull the plug on Twin Peaks” and the revival may continue without him. He has begun calling actors involved to inform them of his decision.

“I love the world of Twin Peaks and wish things could have worked out differently,” he tweeted.

Scripts for all nine new episodes have already been penned by Lynch, along with original co-creator Mark Frost. Lynch was originally set to direct as well.

Showtime appear to be maintaining hope Lynch may reverse his decision. In a statement sent to media, a Showtime spokesperson said:

We were saddened to read David Lynch’s statement today since we believed we were working towards solutions with David and his reps on the few remaining deal points. Showtime also loves the world of Twin Peaks and we continue to hold out hope that we can bring it back in all its glory with both of its extraordinary creators, David Lynch and Mark Frost, at its helm.

In January Showtime confirmed Kyle MacLachlan would reprise his role as FBI agent Dale Cooper, with production to begin this year. The show was scheduled to air in 2016, to coincide with the 25th anniversary of the original finale.

At the time, Showtime’s president, David Nevins said having Lynch on board to direct was seen as crucial by the channel.

With David Lynch back at the helm I feel Twin Peaks series 3 would have been well worth the wait. No-one can recreate the unhinged vision of Lynch, the guy is a maverick and a savant and absolutely integral to what makes Twin Peaks, Twin Peaks.

I fear that with another director at the helm then Twin Peaks might descend into the farce with consumed much of series 2 in Lynch's absence.

I feel much like I did when series 4 of Bottom was cruelly ripped from us a few years ago, after Eddie pulled the plug on that. Hopefully Showtime will stop penny pinching and give Lynch what he wants to make the series we've been waiting 25 years for.

Lynch had very little to do with season two in all fairness, he was involved in four episodes and only attended a couple of production meetings. He was off making Wild At Heart, the finale was written before he returned, Mark Frost held things together, and he's still involved, well at least for the time being. Obviously season two declines in quality after Frost and Lynch were forced to conclude the Laura Palmer case and if Lynch was involved more things would probably of improved.

The Lynch/Frost scripts are still there and there's definitely enough to work with. Still, its a bit of pisser.

• 1 month later...

Then you've never seen eastenders, every fucker lives and works on the same street, nobody owns a washing machine and the only way you leave is by death or black cab. Fuck knows what's going on but the urban myth is if you watch 10 episodes back to back the minute the programme ends there will be a knock at your door, if you open it and the first thing the stranger says is "Ello.. MA!!"

Run.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...