You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Twin Peaks.

Frankenhooker

I've got Mark Frost's book on order, hopefully should get it this week. Not sure if i'll get around to reading it though, that's another matter entirely.

I've also got that Oral Reflections book, i should deffo read that.

Watched Blue Velvet the other day for the first time in ages. Dennis Hopper is brilliant. His Frank is well scarier than Bob from Twin Peaks i always thought. Hope there'll be someone like that in the new series, or Mister Eddie from Lost Highway. Or the Mystery Man. And definitely no Windom Earle, he was sh*t.

Totally agree about Earle. That whole plotline pissed me off.

Windom Earl was Mark Frost's creation I think? I've read before that Lynch didn't like the character so when he came to direct the final episode he tore up Frost's script and cranked up the horror-fest side of things. Rightfully so, it'd really gone down the pan. Saying that, the first few episodes of series 2 are my favourite of the whole show.

I've got Mark Frost's book on order, hopefully should get it this week. Not sure if i'll get around to reading it though, that's another matter entirely.

I've also got that Oral Reflections book, i should deffo read that.

Watched Blue Velvet the other day for the first time in ages. Dennis Hopper is brilliant. His Frank is well scarier than Bob from Twin Peaks i always thought. Hope there'll be someone like that in the new series, or Mister Eddie from Lost Highway. Or the Mystery Man. And definitely no Windom Earle, he was sh*t.

My copy got delivered about an hour ago.  I haven't started it yet, but I have flicked through it, not what I expected at all, looks like it could be a tough read.

I gave up for a bit. I didn't like the opening section at all. So gave up, but then in a moment of boredom decided to give it another go but instead of starting at the beginning I flicked towards the back and (very much like the Twin Peaks red room) have ended up reading it backwards. I started with some Audrey stuff then went back to the Andrew Packard/Josie section, then the history of Big Ed, Norma, Hank and Nadine. I've now gone back again towards some gold prospectors and scouts.

So, enjoying it now, actually. Strangely I'm not a huge fan of all that "soap opera" stuff in the actual series, but I'm finding the book enjoyable. I'll probably swerve all the historical/native American stuff. Might swerve the UFO stuff as well.

Is that what that Frost book does? Try to explain things? I that case I will never read it - the magic of Twin Peaks does not come from explanations. Quite the opposite in fact.

It doesn't try to explain things, certain things that the show left unanswered are kind of concluded, a few gaps are filled in with an eye on the show's return, but if anything the book adds to the mythical feel of the town and leaves quite few questions of its own unanswered.
  • Upvote 1

I think Fire Walk With Me is terribly underrated. Sheryl Lee is sensational in that film, her scene in The Pink Room alone was Oscar worthy imo.

Wonderful stuff by Lynch and Badalamenti.

I think it's fantastic. The Blu-ray Twin Peaks boxset has an extra titled 'The Missing Pieces', it contains 90 minutes of extra/deleted scenes from FWWM, a lot are superfluous and it's understandable why they were cut, but there's also some great stuff concerning Laura's mindset leading up to her death. Really recommended.

Twin Peaks - The Entire Mystery is only £21.99 on Blu-ray(HMV), I paid around £60 when it was released.

• Upvote 1

Sold!

Wow, what a generous offer. Would be delighted to take them off your hands. Will happily contribute something, pay for postage, donation to a charity?

Much appreciated, if they're still available.

PM me your address and I'll pop them in the post, it won't be until Thursday or Friday as I'm away working until Wednesday night.
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I watched the Q2 fan edit of FWWM last week. It's the version where someone has edited in about an hour of the deleted scenes/Missing Pieces. It's amazing! Highly recommend it.

I've also got the Northwest Passage - the 5 1/2 hour version of Twin Peaks that just sticks to the Laura Palmer storyline without any of the nonsense. Looking forward to watching it.

• Upvote 1

I downloaded it through a torrent - just searched ''FWWM Q2 fan edit'' - it might have been on torrent junk. I stuck it on download overnight and the next morning bingo. Stuck it on a usb stick and played it through my Blu Ray which plays usb. Although the first USB I tried didn't work for some reason, had to use another one.