You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Losing Suarez

boots123

If our transfer committee had moved their arses a bit quicker, we would have had Sanchez at Anfield... I am in no doubt about that. I don't buy any of that bollocks about the London factor. Arsenal made their move while we arsed around (as per usual)

As for the Remy debacle I don't suppose we will ever know what really went on there, but the fact is he is now at the Rent Boys while we struggle for goals what with our one genuine goalscorer being injured, and a near enough dead cert to get more injuries at various points of the season.

If our transfer committee had moved their arses a bit quicker, we would have had Sanchez at Anfield... I am in no doubt about that. I don't buy any of that bollocks about the London factor. Arsenal made their move while we arsed around (as per usual)

As for the Remy debacle I don't suppose we will ever know what really went on there, but the fact is he is now at the Rent Boys while we struggle for goals what with our one genuine goalscorer being injured.

Nah. It was quite clear he didn't want to come. I don't buy the London stuff either. I thought it was more a pride thing and that he didn't want to be offloaded as some kind of makeweight. He wouldn't have made much difference anyway. He'd have been one of about three players vying for an attacking midfield spot while we still shipped goals ten to the dozen.

As for the Remy debacle I don't suppose we will ever know what really went on there, but the fact is he is now at the Rent Boys while we struggle for goals what with our one genuine goalscorer being injured, and a near enough dead cert to get more injuries at various points of the season.

Agree with the top bit. Remy? Well, who knows? I am not sure he is any better than Balotelli.

Nah. It was quite clear he didn't want to come. I don't buy the London stuff either. I thought it was more a pride thing and that he didn't want to be offloaded as some kind of makeweight. He wouldn't have made much difference anyway. He'd have been one of about three players vying for an attacking midfield spot while we still shipped goals ten to the dozen.

I think it was more to do with Wenger doing the ground work early. By the time we got our act together, the ship had left port, sailing merrily out to sea.

I can't believe anyone actually thinks like this.

The guy is driven to win to the point of distraction and literally to a fault. Off the field would seemingly be a different story.

I'd love him back.

Is there anything to be said for flying a banner over the Camp Nou?

I'm not so interested in finding fault with the negotiation skills of our transfer committee at persuading a player to join us who never once showed interest. I'm more concerned that a player that never once showed interest was our main target. Also, subsequently going from Remy to Balotelli doesn't fill me with confidence that they have a clue.

Yes I did. It was a staged, calculating move from a calculating man.

I agree that on the pitch he gave his all. Off the pitch he gave nothing. That focus and introversion was what made him, a contrary, infuriating, package.

We all loved his goals and the contribution he made personally, and psychologically, on the pitch. But the fans showed a loyalty to him off the pitch that he never repaid.

Yes, but so what?  

If we populated our team solely with fully rounded upstanding individuals we wouldn't be able to muster a five a side team most weeks.  

I can't believe anyone actually thinks like this.

The guy is driven to win to the point of distraction and literally to a fault. Off the field would seemingly be a different story.

I'd love him back.

There’s no question he’s got a phenomenal drive to win.  Just look at him berating other players for not passing to him when we were 4 goals up and in injury time.  He’s a brilliant footballer and a joy to watch in full flow.

But then also look at all the shite he brought down on our club.  Read his “exclusive” to one of the British papers when he wanted to leave and join Arsenal.  Watch him bite players??? He’s a prick. A self-centred prick who wanted out of our club immediately after each full season here.  

I understand that the vast majority wouldn’t care if we signed Gary Glitter if he was banging in the goals.  But I just didn’t like Suarez one bit.  He was brilliant.  And while the whole footballing world vilified him for his many indiscretions, we still supported him.  And how did he repay us? His first action was to moan that we wouldn’t sell him to Arsenal.  Fuck him.  Good fucking riddance. 

• Upvote 1

I'm not glad that he's gone, he's a brilliant player but I'm not going to spend the whole season pining for a player who didn't want to play for Liverpool.

It's fucking pathetic & if the players or manager are having similar feelings then they're fucking pathetic too.