You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool v West Brom

Paco

it seems teams have worked out how to beat us.

defend deep to nullify counter attack

man mark gerrard so he cant pass the ball

do what we did so well last year - start fast

and if all else fails corners are as good as pens.

need some reverse psychology so what if:

we defend deep too

start wasting time immediately whilst also facing our demons and kick the ball out for a corner straight from the kick off.

play gerrard up front and balotelli dm

Why is Rodgers blind to this, especially the gerrard situation. We've had years and years of seeing managers persist with a situation that is backfiring but still continuing with it anyway. I'd rather we tried something different and fail than fail repeating the same mistakes. Sturidges return wil be a big boost and change us but we cannot be so dependent on one injury prone striker.

If gerrard starts this game having already played two games this week, then I will lose faith that brendan has the ability to turn this around.

theres no can or allen to pick from so there's not much choice really.

I agree he shouldn't play but until we have better options available fit he will.

45]

Joseph Musker@Musker_LFC

Four words on some early team news I've received ahead of tomorrow. Don't do it Brendan!

What's this bollocks then you fucking cunt rags?

Let's be having you red men. Let Omars gargantuan mamba symbolise our penetrating attacks and a virgins sweet anus symbolise their leaky back line. I'm saying let's year thier shit up!

We have better options for Gerrard's position. Anyway, he'll play there, and tomorrow we will win comfortably, 2-0 or 3-0. It's just the way it goes, "the natural condition is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster. So what do we do? Nothing. Strangely enough, it all turns out well.

How? I don't know. It's a mystery", that's what one smart dude wrote. This will happen tomorrow.

Head-to-head

Brendan Rodgers' first Premier League game in charge at Liverpool was a 3-0 defeat against West Brom in August 2012.Liverpool have only won one of their last five Premier League games against West Brom (D1, L3).The 1-1 draw in their last meeting in February was their first stalemate in 16 Premier League clashes.

Liverpool

The Reds are without a win in their last three league matches (D1, L2) and have only won four of their nine fixtures in all competitions this season.Liverpool have only kept one clean sheet in their last 15 matches in all competitions.Daniel Sturridge has scored in three of his five Premier League appearances against West Brom, including both games for Liverpool.Only Diego Costa (21) has attempted more shots than Mario Balotelli (20) in the Premier League this season. The Chelsea striker has scored eight times to Balotelli's zero.Rickie Lambert could make his 550th league appearance.

West Brom

Alan Irvine has already won as many competitive games as West Brom head coach (three from eight) as his predecessor Pepe Mel (three from 17).West Brom have earned consecutive league victories for the first time since September last year.The Baggies have kept back-to-back Premier League clean sheets for the first time since April 2012, when they kept three in a row.Their 4-0 victory over Burnley was their biggest since 2012.Saido Berahino is the leading English scorer in the Premier League this season with four goals.

Even at this early stage, Lambert needs to start producing. He's a decent striker but he's looked completely overawed so far. At 32 years of age and with his obvious pace limitations, I can't see him getting too many more chances if he doesn't actually show something.

Starting at home to West Brom is as good an opportunity as he'll get, hopefully he'll take it.

If he scores more than two goals today I'll get the following tattooed on my back by way of appreciation: MY BIRD THINKS I'M UPSTAIRS WATCHING RAMBO, BUT I'M ON THE KOP ROARING ON LAMBO.

• Upvote 3