You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So what car do you drive?

Guest Pistonbroke

Drove all the way home from Speke in this yesterday with the engine management light on. My bird took it to get fixed and got given a newish Megane to use in the meantime. I want to smash it up, haven't had my license for long and have never driven a car that new. Went to Sainsburys in it last night. I had to come back into the house and ask my bird how to start it, then I stalled it three times on a roundabout before getting locked out of the fucking thing and having to walk home.

Got a job interview this afternoon and I'll be going in a taxi.

good luck with that Frank.  Perhaps just ask Betty to give you a lift.

• Upvote 2

Fucking hell Tom, I remember when you were considering buying a Porsche 356 replica.  How the mighty are fallen.

Oh man, thems were the days my friend. 

I still have one eye on my youthful manhood, however, and went for the 300bhp version with 8 speed tiptronic 'box. It's a prety sweet beast. 

But as far as the wife is concerned it's a boring estate. 

15923_10152601730286430_2496629620556902

10690077_10152601730786430_9120759126754

10934090_10152601732571430_6479684021980

• Upvote 2

I still have one eye on my youthful manhood, however, and went for the 300bhp version with 8 speed tiptronic 'box. It's a prety sweet beast.

That's how I got mine past the missus. Looks dull. Isn't. Great fun sailing away from the lights ahead of shocked spoilered-up, blinged-up subaru driving wannabe gangstas.

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, nice motor that actually Tom.

I drive a merc c220.

It's the most comfortable and luxurious car I've ever had. Nothing like as much fun to drive as the msport 320d BMW but better on snow/ice and much less back ache after long journeys.

Actually not as comfortable as the mondeo I used to have, actually, and far less practical as the boot is tiny in comparison (but so is the Grand Canyon compared to that mondeo boot) but a nicer car overall.

Suffice to say, all of those mentioned are nicer than the Prius I had most recently, which was a purely financially driven decision and who's novelty wore off pretty quickly.

I like it when it snows and the M62 hard shoulder is full of stuck beamers with their rear wheel drive. Like a cross between the aftermath of the battle of Kursk and an estate agent Christmas party. Jammed up with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.

born to wait until the snow has gone.

• Upvote 2

I like it when it snows and the M62 hard shoulder is full of stuck beamers with their rear wheel drive. Like a cross between the aftermath of the battle of Kursk and an estate agent Christmas party. Jammed up with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.

Going to be humming Born To Run all afternoon now.

Not all of us section, I've spent the last couple of days eagerly starting death in the face while sliding around the snow covered lanes of Northumberland like a terrier on lino. 

yeah, but for the other 363 days a year, we're bombing round a-road corners at 90mph, laughing maniacally at all you sadsacks in your grey, Japanese shopping trolleys, plodding along eating tofu and shit.

• Upvote 1

yeah, but for the other 363 days a year, we're bombing round a-road corners at 90mph, laughing maniacally at all you sadsacks in your grey, Japanese shopping trolleys, plodding along eating tofu and shit.

And for those of us with XDrive and proper tyres, that describes 365 days a year.

I drive a merc c220.

It's the most comfortable and luxurious car I've ever had. Nothing like as much fun to drive as the msport 320d BMW but better on snow/ice and much less back ache after long journeys.

Actually not as comfortable as the mondeo I used to have, actually, and far less practical as the boot is tiny in comparison (but so is the Grand Canyon compared to that mondeo boot) but a nicer car overall.

Suffice to say, all of those mentioned are nicer than the Prius I had most recently, which was a purely financially driven decision and who's novelty wore off pretty quickly.

I had a 320 MSport coupe, then a C220 and a now a 520 auto, old man bifocal windscreen. The coupe was nice but the 520 is fantastic on long journeys. Hated the C220, it was always breaking down and the electrics were wank.

Tom - the prof media is ace.

A 2012 Renault Grand Scenic 1.6 dci.

Nice enough for a bus, Have seen 77mpg and 900mi range on the computer thingy during a long trip up the M6 to Scotland, generally getting about 50mpg.

Has Stop/Start thing which I thought would have broke by now (Its a Renault) and the built in Sat Nav is nice enough.

Its bland but quite efficient at what it does (Carry's Kids and Kids friends and shite to the Tip, or is that Kids to the tip...)

Want 4x4 next, something like a Volvo V60 Cross Country or an Octavia Scout/ VW Passat Alltrack as opposed to a big SUV thing

Maybe next year

Sold my lovely hairdressers car in November coz I started a 6 month contract in Manchester and the 24mpg (at best) would be brutal plus it was getting on a bit.  Got a 2009 Focus titanium diesel, very happy with it but miss my Celica occasionally just for the poke and handling.  Comfort and features though, not looking back.

Welcome back fella.

Cheers dude.  Just been lurking, not coz of any problem or that, just been working in Manchester since October, coming home, sorting the horse out and flumping on the couch.  I'm looking for a sons of anarchy thread to complain about the finale and maybe an American Horror Story thread too.  

• Upvote 1

Cheers dude.  Just been lurking, not coz of any problem or that, just been working in Manchester since October, coming home, sorting the horse out and flumping on the couch.  I'm looking for a sons of anarchy thread to complain about the finale and maybe an American Horror Story thread too.  

Sound mate, well apart from Stronts meltdown its been pretty much business as usual on other fronts.

I had a 320 MSport coupe, then a C220 and a now a 520 auto, old man bifocal windscreen. The coupe was nice but the 520 is fantastic on long journeys. Hated the C220, it was always breaking down and the electrics were wank.

Tom - the prof media is ace.

Yeah, mine's git that Professional Media pack thing along with 12 speaker upgrade

What exactly is the prof media thing though?

I know it has a big 10 inch TV screen that others I looked at didn't have...

What else??