You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So what car do you drive?

Guest Pistonbroke

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Enjoy it while it lasts mate. When your hairdresser friend gets back and sees the miles you've put on it, she'll be furious

It's certainly an interesting way to come out to the forum.

Mercedes-Benz_SLK_R170.jpg

So, new job coming up and new car choices to go with it.

I quite fancy a SUV as I'm getting a bit bored with saloons and the missus objects to coupe's however a lot of my daily driving will be around a city that makes London look easy for driving and parking and your average SUV is a complete pain in the arse.

So big question, is the Range Rover Evoque a car that will make me look like a big girl's blouse? Or can a man over 40 get away with driving one?

I tested an Evoque before buying a Q3 and they are the exact opposite of a tardis - massive on the outside and then feels cramped inside. Rear visibility and reliability always comes up in any test too. What about a Q5? 

• Upvote 1

There's literally no point in telling anyone what car you drive because you'll be criticised whatever it is.

You're right. I'm off to start a thread called 'which trousers do you wear?'

Lurtzy can take it. He wouldn't have got that car if he couldn't take a bit of japery. He knows we love him.

• Upvote 1

Pesti, I mentioned before that my mother-in-law has a Q3 which I took out for quite a long drive. Was very impressed by it. Test drive the 3 litre diesel if you can. Goes very well and I think it's got an 8 speed auto which is very efficient.

Anyway, something a bit 'in between' to look at maybe.

• Upvote 1

I drive a Focus, fucking hate it. The wife picked up a new Astra. Quite a standard car with the odd feature, like the Bluetooth. It's a bit slow on the uptake but once it hits motorway speed its not a bad drive.

Anyone want to buy a Focus?