You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Goalkeepers

Section_31

You could tell proper keepers by their brand of glove.

Adidas, Puma, Nike otger brands that do other stuff = blag keeper.

Sondico, Reusch, Uhlsport = proper keeper.

Agreed.

I always chose reusch or uhlsport as they have been making gloves for nearly 40 years and stick like glue on a ball. Big name brands are totally shit in comparison.

Gloves - You big gays - Bare hands unless in winter!

This.

In fact, I think FIFA should ban the wearing of gloves by the goalie until they use the yellow ball.

And while we're at it, goalies should be made to wear long sleeved shirts not these short ones that some of todays pounces wear. Fucking disgrace I tell yer.

Always loved watching keepers when I was younger. They way they warmed up and how they moved around on the pitch. If I wasn't a shortarse I could probably have been a good one myself. I do pretty well in small goals.

My team played against a keeper who was no taller than 5'5. we spent the whole match trying to chip him, place balls high but the fucker was a ninja and could fly all over the goal. It was amazing to watch, he was like Jimmy Superfly Snuka.

I grew up in Holland and was put in the goal because I was the tallest and I had a bad habit of hacking down players who ran by me.

I played three years and was decent, our team won tournaments and we travelled to play teams in Utrect and Amsterdam.

Then my family moved to Canada and I didn't play at all through high school. Got back into it at a pub league and they needed goalies. Ended up playing in the main league for the city in the second division for a few years but with a young family and working ten hours a day and travelling (some of our games were 90 minutes away) i just went to rec league.

I loved being a keeper as the whole field of play was in front of you. Playing on shit fields you do let some howlers on from odd bounces and the six yard box, if it rained, was a fucking pond.

I still remember the best game I ever played was near the end of the season we were playing our main rivals, we won 3-2 but I stopped a penalty, two very good free kicks, a one on one and other numerous chances. Only year I was on a team that won anything in footie.

i also played goalie in ice hockey and that was fucking mental.

Now I know where your love of Belgians come from!

Gloves,fuckin gloves? The best I had were those green gardening ones with the spotty rubber grips when I played as a kid.

Spoilt now youngsters are.