You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (H) Match Thread

Red Banjo

Why the fuck are refs allowed to create their own rules? It's not parks football. Atkinson gestured that Barry was protecting his face, the rules are clear, if your hand is by your face you can keep it there to stop the ball hitting your face from close distance, however if you raise your hand to protect your face it is a foul, this is because if you have time to move your hand to your face you have time to move face out of way of the ball. Barry's hand actually moved above his face to stop the ball.

Its fucking schoolboy stuff, its such an obvious penalty.

• Upvote 5

Why the fuck are refs allowed to create their own rules? It's not parks football. Atkinson gestured that Barry was protecting his face, the rules are clear, if your hand is by your face you can keep it there to stop the ball hitting your face from close distance, however if you raise your hand to protect your face it is a foul, this is because if you have time to move your hand to your face you have time to move face out of way of the ball. Barry's hand actually moved above his face to stop the ball.

Agree, but Moreno was probably fortunate when he pulled down Lukaku too.

Different rules for different games unfortunately. 'Big game/derby rules' they're alright when they work in our favour, rage inducing any other time. Bout time everyone just did their job properly imo

I'm hoping this happens, and I think the Sturridge injury couldn't have come at a worse time in terms of helping balotelli along. However, I've got zero confidence in balotelli being willing to learn and take it on board. He acts like a tit who thinks he's made it, so what chance of him recognising his shortcomings and working on them?

I think Rodgers lets his ego get in the way too often, because borini is just what we need at the moment and yet he's dropped cold. Same with Reina, we wouldn't have these problems with mignolet if Reina was on the bench and ready to step in.

Agree with all this, apart form the bit about Borini.

I think you need to let go Jonny.

He'll go to a better place in January.

Sunderland probably.

Agree, but Moreno was probably fortunate when he pulled down Lukaku too.

Yes Moreno was fortunate but it was a debatable one. Barry was clear as day plus he would have to have been sent off. It's a referee making up his own rules that irks, you cannot move your hand to your face to protect yourself you are supposed to move your head out of the way if you feel you could suffer an injury.

Today was a good performance that felt like a loss because we had the game by the scruff of the neck but we didn't kill it off. I saw a much better display today, and signs that the team was getting it's mojo back, and we've still got the main mofo Daniel Sturrizzle to come back. Have faith lads, it's going to come together. 

Today was a good performance that felt like a loss because we had the game by the scruff of the neck but we didn't kill it off. I saw a much better display today, and signs that the team was getting it's mojo back, and we've still got the main mofo Daniel Sturrizzle to come back. Have faith lads, it's going to come together. 

I fucking hope so because at the moment its coming together in much the same way that me and Elisha Cuthbert would be.

Given that we all accept BRs philosophy and tactics, i am puzzled why he didn't sign enough players to implement same.

Surely he should have been out looking for a few more pressing type players, ie power energy etc, rather than hoping Lucas and Gerrard would provide a meaningful back up.

Yes, Can and Allen are injured but if that midfield is the central ethos to the way the whole team plays, then it should have been beefed up properly in the summer.

I am also baffled why a guy that moves and controls the ball as well as Suso, can't get a proper look in this side, and appears, surplus to requirements.

Hodgson has really Bismarked our opening games no doubt, but, i don't think Brendan has helped himself to be honest.

As Ive said in a previous post on another thread, Rodgers rejected Carroll, but spent 16 million Balottelli. How are these players any different in terms of style of play that DOESN'T fit with his system? Rodgers doesnt DO long balls to a target man, and doesn't have a plan B, if 'total football' fails to break teams down.

With regards to Suso, in terms of match potential I agree with you, but its probably more 'political' than anything else. Behind the scenes shit is the other half of the equation. As others have said, attitude may be an issue, or he could be lazy in trining, or it could be a communication problem. Its early days for the Merkavik fella but he doesnt overly impress me.

Defence was better today, but we just love conceding late goals dont we?

Replacing Suarez was always going to be impossible in the short term, with him in the form of his life, but I doubt Balotelli is the man. What was built last season, attacking wise, is gone for now because changing personel wholesale changes everything. At least in the short term.

The Carroll Balotelli comparison is valid- neither fit the system.

I personally can't wait for Mario to leave, that sounds crazyily melodramatic but I just think you may as well address it ASAP. Like Carroll, he'll have the odd game where he looks like a world beater but the majority of games he will be completely the wrong fit for us.

The Carroll Balotelli comparison is valid- neither fit the system.

I personally can't wait for Mario to leave, that sounds crazyily melodramatic but I just think you may as well address it ASAP. Like Carroll, he'll have the odd game where he looks like a world beater but the majority of games he will be completely the wrong fit for us.

RUtfXPd.gif

• Upvote 1