You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (H) Match Thread

Red Banjo

Everyone that watched the midweek game. He clearly needs more work behind the scenes especially before being thrown on in a derby.

Fair enough, but im still sure that he played Markovic because he had the pace which Coutinho didn't. It did not turn out well but to say that it was Rodgers' foolishness that cost us the game with be far too harsh.

Markovic needs to be playing in a side where the ten players around him are well drilled and know what they're doing, so he can get used to the league and his mistakes whilst learning aren't so glaringly highlighted.

We bought potential. Potential always takes time to be become something more useful.

|Thats basically it.

Unsure why we bought him though when we needed players ready for the first team

My neg score is because I sussed Sakho before everyone else

I thought it was because you've never made a single positive post and routinely spoke about Liverpool players in a way not tolerated by the majority, using something that looked like textspeak.

Interesting take you have on it, though.

The money spent in the summer wasn't best utilised and we're going to see those errors play out over the season. I'm particularly disappointed because it wasn't some act of God, it came as a direct consequence of our failure to prepare for Suarez's departure. A departure that was fucking obvious when he took legal action to move to fucking Arsenal 13 months ago.

• Upvote 1

The money spent in the summer wasn't best utilised and we're going to see those errors play out over the season. I'm particularly disappointed because it wasn't some act of God, it came as a direct consequence of our failure to prepare for Suarez's departure. A departure that was fucking obvious when he took legal action to move to fucking Arsenal 13 months ago.

It's been the same since Rafa left with regards transfers. If we spend over £15m on someone, they're probably gonna be shite. We really have wasted some phoenominal amounts of money.

• Upvote 1

My worry is that we'll go into the kind of tailspin like we did in Kenny's last months. Where confidence was shot, a good half where we didn't score was always followed by a poor one where we conceded, and ultimately the players started looking lost.

Furthermore, managers rarely recover from that sort of slide (not to mention that there's no way BR will be in charge next season if we don't make CL regardless given this summer's outlay) so the chance of us having another throwaway 'reboot' season increases exponentially if results don't pick up soon.
  • Upvote 1

Furthermore, managers rarely recover from that sort of slide (not to mention that there's no way BR will be in charge next season if we don't make CL regardless given this summer's outlay) so the chance of us having another throwaway 'reboot' season increases exponentially if results don't pick up soon.

Nonsense, getting rid of Brendan would be the stupidest thing we could do and would set us back years. 

• Upvote 1

Nonsense, getting rid of Brendan would be the stupidest thing we could do and would set us back years.

Depends. If we slump to seventh or eighth this season, he'll go. No top club would retain a manager who'd performed so abysmally after such an outlay.

A couple of decades ago he'd get the chance to right it, but the prominence of the CL now means that isn't an option. Modern football is what it is.

Depends. If we slump to seventh or eighth this season, he'll go. No top club would retain a manager who'd performed so abysmally after such an outlay.

Well your right in the sense that something needs to change if that scenario plays out, but i'd rather see the committee disbanded or the under performers shipped out than see Brendan take the hit for their incompetence. Besides it's redundant because we're only 6 games into the season, plenty of time for us to turn it around.

Well your right in the sense that something needs to change if that scenario plays out, but i'd rather see the committee disbanded or the under performers shipped out than see Brendan take the hit for their incompetence.

I think a head defensive coach would do us the world of good. By that I mean someone to work alongside BR exclusively on an area he struggles with, not an Evans - Houllier-type arrangement. We struggle horrendously when we can't score because it's nigh-on inevitable that we will concede, and that's been the case since 2012.

The thing that really worries me about us missing out is the chance of losing Sterling. You just know that his agent will be whispering about wanting a bigger taste of the CL, and how he'll find that at Chelsea or Madrid. People can delude themselves into thinking he'll definitely give us "at least another season" but we know how that sort of thing works.

I thought it was a good game, one we were very unlucky not to win. But if you are only one goal up, you are always vulnerable.

We had a storming start last season without Suarez, but with Sturridge. He is the one we are missing at the moment.

£100m spent should have bought us better than we are seeing, but the alchemy of a team is an uncertain science. That once again we have relied upon a Gerrard goal does send worries that we are not improving as we should.

• Upvote 3

In fairness to Rodgers he must have bought these players with the intention of playing them in sides that relied on Allen and Sturridge, and maybe Can, so to have all three out for an extended period at the very beginning of the season was disastrous.

Had balotelli learnt to play like Sturridge, and had more time to learn how coutinho and Sterling operate then maybe Sturridge being injured later in the season would have had less of an impact on the team.

But to be honest, we shouldn't be this bad. If we've got some bad eggs in the squad then they need to be isolated pronto.

In fairness to Rodgers he must have bought these players with the intention of playing them in sides that relied on Allen and Sturridge, and maybe Can, so to have all three out for an extended period at the very beginning of the season was disastrous.

So Rodgers bought these players with the intention of playing them with probably our two most injury prone players now Agger has left.

• Upvote 2

The main problems I see at the moment are, Henderson looks lost playing in a holdin 2, sterling feels like he need to carry the team, ballotelli is static on all attacks just waiting for the ball, so is lallana. We need more guile in that final third, we need more runners from deep. Lovren needs to cut out that long ball shit.