You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (H) Match Thread

Red Banjo

It really is incredible what the loss of one good player can do to a team.

We've gone from being a juggernaut to a team in transition in the space of a few months, which given the 100 million quid outlay, may not end up going down too well.

Most of us thought that the midfield would have to step up and chip in with more goals whoever we signed to replace him. So far it hasn't happened - they've been too timid or hesitant - but it will come.

Having slept on it, I think we were very unlucky yesterday but lucky generally, in that we have only really played well in 1 and a half matches and been very poor in most but are still only one win away from a CL spot. We were also pretty ordinary at this point last season.

There were some small signs that we had a bit more cohesion yesterday & with arses kicked to ensure the pressing is kept up, we need to move forward from WBA & beyond.

I would look to use the diamond in practically all games as the 1 up front offers us nothing.

I find the Borini write off baffling. I'm confident he'll be a big player for Italy for years.

I think he has been written off because although he is a try hard, and everyone likes someone that will work their sock off, having some ability is a pre requisite of a footballer. We have accepted mediocrity for too many years, I'm gonna lump Ballotelli in with this as well, and if Lallana doesn't start showing soon then he will go in that same category. We cannot carry liabilities in this team.

Probably the most benign and flat atmosphered derby, I've ever been at.

For us - Lallana, Henderson and Moreno, were the pick of the bunch.

Felt like a loss at the end, worst thing about it was, you could sense it coming due to us sitting so deep.

And I'm not convinced with Balotelli, at all. The sooner we Sturridge back, the better.

Seriously!? Moreno was wasteful going forward. Until he regularly gets shots on target, he should stop blasting everything into row z.

What did lalanna actual produce? Yes he ran around a lot and chased a couple of lost causes but wasnt he bought to produce things?

Teams are clearly targetting balotelli with the aim of getting a reaction. Atkinson did fuck all to stop that. He's not a traditional English type centre forward. And I fucking hate playing with 1 up top.

Hopefully, he and sturridge can form a partnership.

Fuck off Martinez, stupid baldy twat.

Heard him after the game talking about a winning mentality.  Good one.  Your centre half hits a once in a lifetime wonder goal to snatch an undeserved draw after you spent the whole game punting diagonal balls to your £28m striker and you try and come across like some sort of tactical genius.

Knobhead.

However, we were asking for it, but still.

I think he has been written off because although he is a try hard, and everyone likes someone that will work their sock off, having some ability is a pre requisite of a footballer. We have accepted mediocrity for too many years, I'm gonna lump Ballotelli in with this as well, and if Lallana doesn't start showing soon then he will go in that same category. We cannot carry liabilities in this team.

Lallana?  Bert, you're going into the 'special' bin of posters for that.  I can never take you seriously again.  

Lallana?  Bert, you're going into the 'special' bin of posters for that.  I can never take you seriously again.  

i didn't say he is in there yet, but if he doesn't up his game, then i will confine him to that bin. Having a good game against Middlesborough will not guarentee he is a succsess. and you can fuck right off if you think i will accept being classed in the same bracket as Jermaine Pennant and his like.

i didn't say he is in there yet, but if he doesn't up his game, then i will confine him to that bin. Having a good game against Middlesborough will not guarentee he is a succsess. and you can fuck right off if you think i will accept being classed in the same bracket as Jermaine Pennant and his like.

Sorry mate, you don't have a choice.  Your views decide where you go for you.  Lallana played very well against Everton.  Balotelli missed a sitter, Lallana had a good chance saved.  No-one else did much. 

Sorry mate, you don't have a choice.  Your views decide where you go for you.  Lallana played very well against Everton.  Balotelli missed a sitter, Lallana had a good chance saved.  No-one else did much. 

between the two of them they slowed down our attacks, they were static, never looking to run in behind anyone, they just stopped and waited for the ball. our formation and attacking play relies on people making runs, either into the channels, overlapping or just to create space for others to exploit.

• Upvote 2

I was disappointed with the Lambert substitution. It looked like Everton were pushing far up-field in search of a goal. At this point we could have taken Balotelli off, put an extra body in midfield and pushed Coutinho and/or Sterling up front to catch them with pace on the break.

• Upvote 1

between the two of them they slowed down our attacks, they were static, never looking to run in behind anyone, they just stopped and waited for the ball. our formation and attacking play relies on people making runs, either into the channels, overlapping or just to create space for others to exploit.

If this is aimed at Lallana, then it's silly.  I'm not a Balotelli fan, and he's never as long as he as a hole in his arse become famous for making runs for the midfielders.  He's a classic static forward; his skill and strength will always get him goals but he needs to be served with the ball.  

i'm afraid this post, and the quality of the posters repping you, confirms that you need to be joining them in the special bin.  

If this is aimed at Lallana, then it's silly.  I'm not a Balotelli fan, and he's never as long as he as a hole in his arse become famous for making runs for the midfielders.  He's a classic static forward; his skill and strength will always get him goals but he needs to be served with the ball.  

i'm afraid this post, and the quality of the posters repping you, confirms that you need to be joining them in the special bin.  

so apart from general dissagreement of what i have written(although we do seem to agree that Ballotelli is a static forward), what eactly is your point? i'm not saying Lallana is shit, i'm saying that at this precise moment in time he is not offering us anymore than what someone like Coutinho could.

don't just dissagree for the sake of dissagreeing, at least offer a reasoned argument.

• Upvote 2

How shit was Lukaku btw?  I'm increasingly convinced he's turd on a stick.  It used to be he looked good most times I saw him play.  Then it became slightly more the opposite way.  Now I'm surprised when he plays well.  

Never rated him. Big fucking lump with a hard shot and occasional flashes of technical ability. 

Seriously!? Moreno was wasteful going forward. Until he regularly gets shots on target, he should stop blasting everything into row z.

blasting everything into row z??Was it not just the one shot he took?

I thought he had a decent game seeing as evertons attacking plan was to play diagonal balls over to lukaku and he didn't get much change out of Moreno.

The kid so far has settled in very well for us.