You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What Constitutes Your Perfect Roast Dinner

Bjornebye

I was looking on my phone so couldn't really  tell.

But at least I can tell the diffrenece between a roast potato and a roasted new potato.

So its you who is the thick twat then yeah? Not only that but read the link i've put from them particular potatoes and it doesn't matter wether you use new or normal.

you massive shell suit wearing hipster ostrich. 

• Upvote 2

Roasted potatoes are Red Roosters or Maris Pipers or if you realyl want to ruin a good roastie, a King Edward. And end up looking like the roasties in the picture I posted.

Not new potatoes. Like you posted.

Thick twat.

I'll use whatever fucking spuds I want anyway you cheeky cunt

• Upvote 1

So its you who is the thick twat then yeah? Not only that but read the link i've put from them particular potatoes and it doesn't matter wether you use new or normal.

you massive shell suit wearing hipster ostrich. 

Too far. I am reporting you to Dave.

Never been so offended in all my life.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I'm sorry, I don't speak arrogant ponce.

I bet you prefer Croissants than a bacon butty, you smelly frog.

Why choose? Bacon in a croissant. Get on it.

Skin on is not just morally wrong it's scientifically wrong.

The trick to a roast potato is getting as much of the surface area chuffed up and in contact with the fat as possible. Skin on means you've lost battle before it's even started.

Isis are targeting the wrong people.

The trick to a roast potato is getting as much of the surface area chuffed up and in contact with the fat as possible. Skin on means you've lost battle before it's even started.

Is right, squaring off the sides helps with crisping.

I like a roasted new potato by the way, but it is a different thing to a proper roastie.

I sometimes roast new potatoes with carrots (whole or halved) along with garlic and lots and lots of herbs (oregano, rosemary, thyme or similar) to accompany Roast Lamb. I usually chuck a few sautéed courgettes on the plate as well. No gravy as such, just the meat juices loosened a little with a glug of white wine. It's a lighter version of the classic roast dinner - best eaten outside in the sun.