Quantcast
What Constitutes Your Perfect Roast Dinner - Page 23 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

What Constitutes Your Perfect Roast Dinner

Also used American sausage meat in making scotch eggs vs Canadian sausage and the results were horrifying. The Yankee sausage didn’t bond properly (Johnsonville sausage meat) whilst the Canadian sausage snuggly envelops the egg.

75D1310B-6A23-4B55-BB8E-645A68B663D7.jpeg

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Nunavut Patrick said:

Also used American sausage meat in making scotch eggs vs Canadian sausage and the results were horrifying. The Yankee sausage didn’t bond properly (Johnsonville sausage meat) whilst the Canadian sausage snuggly envelops the egg.

The conker looks tasty.

6 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

I’d either have a roast dinner with all the trimmings or fish, chips, mushy peas and a carton of curry on the side. Fuck it, I’d have fish and chips (loads of salt and vinegar) and mushy peas and an additional portion of chips for the curry. Afters would be homemade apple pie and custard, and a shed load of biscuits - each and every one dunked in Yorkshire Tea.

@Dougie Do'ins

13 hours ago, Nunavut Patrick said:

It’s shit like this which makes me proud to be a Canadian. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

I know Yorkshire Puddings aren’t supposed to be served with beef, but I don’t care!

Yorkshire Puddings should be served with everything.

• Upvote 2

Yorkshire pudding poutine the nexr day--- heat up the gravy, grate some sharp cheddar and place in middle of pudding and pour gravy over.

Can use mozzarella as well or even more authentic cheese curds; although I haven't done that yet. 

Messy and amazing.

56 minutes ago, Nunavut Patrick said:

Yorkshire pudding poutine the nexr day--- heat up the gravy, grate some sharp cheddar and place in middle of pudding and pour gravy over.

Can use mozzarella as well or even more authentic cheese curds; although I haven't done that yet. 

Messy and amazing.

Yorkshire puddings, cheese, and gravy...they're basically the three things that could be added to any meal to improve it.

Together...my word.

On 11/11/2019 at 18:34, Tony Moanero said:

Beef or lamb. I know Yorkshire Puddings aren’t supposed to be served with beef, but I don’t care!

Really? They are most definitely served with beef. Its only reading on here that I have discovered that people eat them with other meat (toad in the hole aside). What a sheltered life I have lived

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Champ said:

Really? They are most definitely served with beef. Its only reading on here that I have discovered that people eat them with other meat (toad in the hole aside). What a sheltered life I have lived

Yeah, they’re supposed to be served with beef. I meant to say lamb, not beef. I, however, have them with all roast dinners.

2 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Yeah, they’re supposed to be served with beef. I meant to say lamb, not beef. I, however, have them with all roast dinners.

Yeah when you said they weren't meant to be served with Beef I just assumed you were having one of your turns. 

• Upvote 1