You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What Constitutes Your Perfect Roast Dinner

Bjornebye

Boiled fucking potatoes? Boiled? What the fuckety fuck fuck.

Boiled with some butter and a bit of steak perhaps. But on a roast dinner? Man, come on!

Boiled with a heap of butter and gravy. But there have been roasties and boiled on every roast dinner I've ever had IIRC. Mash, although I prefer it to boiled, hasn't been present.

If its about what we WANT to appear on a roast then:

Roast beef

Gravy

Roast potatoes

Champ

Carrots, sweetcorn, greenbeans

Steak

Meat-feast Pizza

Chocolate eclair

Spliff

Boiled with a heap of butter and gravy. But there have been roasties and boiled on every roast dinner I've ever had IIRC. Mash, although I prefer it to boiled, hasn't been present.

If its about what we WANT to appear on a roast then:

Roast beef

Gravy

Roast potatoes

Champ

Carrots, sweetcorn, greenbeans

Steak

Meat-feast Pizza

Chocolate eclair

Spliff

Champ on a roast? 

Your taking the piss now 

Moaning about mash being on a roast yet advocating boiled potatoes with loads of butter on it, which is basically unmashed mash.

Insane.

• Upvote 1

Champ on a roast? 

Your taking the piss now 

I'm not saying its SUPPOSED to be there. I just prefer champ to mash in pretty much every scenario.

Moaning about mash being on a roast yet advocating boiled potatoes with loads of butter on it, which is basically unmashed mash.

Insane.

In my experience, mash hasn't been part of a traditional sunday roast. That's about all there is to it.

Fuck off worzel gummidge 

Where are you getting this insult idea from?

Just so I know as I can't keep up with you. First it was Mel C, then it was shell suit wearing cunt. then hipster (cheeky cunt) and now Worzel Gummidge.

I don't have blonde hair and do not have alternative heads I can place upon my person.

And I don't have an Aunt Sally either.

Where are you getting this insult idea from?

Just so I know as I can't keep up with you. First it was Mel C, then it was shell suit wearing cunt. then hipster (cheeky cunt) and now Worzel Gummidge.

I don't have blonde hair and do not have alternative heads I can place upon my person.

And I don't have an Aunt Sally either.

Mel C because you wear adidas 3 stripe trackie tops, hipster becasue you were in a friends music video working in a book shop (in an adidas trackie jacket) and worzel gummage because you are turnip and swede eating field mother-fucker. Oh and you scare crows. 

• Upvote 2

Mel C because you wear adidas 3 stripe trackie tops, hipster becasue you were in a friends music video working in a book shop (in an adidas trackie jacket) and worzel gummage because you are turnip and swede eating field mother-fucker. Oh and you scare crows. 

Boss.

Better than looking like a fat Brian Dowling.

• Upvote 3

Champ?

Mash?

Boiled potatoes?

There's only one sort of potato you should find on a roast dinner and that's a roast one.

Preferably with the skin on.

(And I can't stand those poncey ones that have been boiled soft and bashed around until they're fluffy - fluffy! What sort of man wants fluffy potatoes?)

• Downvote 2

There's been some bad bellendery on this thread - skins, corn, yorkies with anything other than beef (and they're a starter, if they're small enough to fit on your plate with other stuff, then you're doing them wrong)

Anyway, if you're having goose, duck or chicken - maybe even pork, you need to be adding braised red cabbage to your veg.

Posted Image

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Yeah, you can't have corn but you can have braised cabbage. I vote we don't judge each others veg. Personal preference acceptable. But no skins and no brown sauce.

• Downvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Corn on the Cob is far and away the twattiest addition to a roast on this thread

Eclipsing brown sauce even

A fucking side plate with corn on the cob? I'd rather have custard instead of gravy you fucking savage

Woahhhhhhhhhh, you skin eating abortion of a human being.