You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What Constitutes Your Perfect Roast Dinner

Bjornebye

6 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

I’d either have a roast dinner with all the trimmings or fish, chips, mushy peas and a carton of curry on the side. Fuck it, I’d have fish and chips (loads of salt and vinegar) and mushy peas and an additional portion of chips for the curry. Afters would be homemade apple pie and custard, and a shed load of biscuits - each and every one dunked in Yorkshire Tea.

@Dougie Do'ins

13 hours ago, Nunavut Patrick said:

Also used American sausage meat in making scotch eggs vs Canadian sausage and the results were horrifying. The Yankee sausage didn’t bond properly (Johnsonville sausage meat) whilst the Canadian sausage snuggly envelops the egg.

75D1310B-6A23-4B55-BB8E-645A68B663D7.jpeg

It’s shit like this which makes me proud to be a Canadian. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Nunavut Patrick said:

Yorkshire pudding poutine the nexr day--- heat up the gravy, grate some sharp cheddar and place in middle of pudding and pour gravy over.

Can use mozzarella as well or even more authentic cheese curds; although I haven't done that yet. 

Messy and amazing.

Yorkshire puddings, cheese, and gravy...they're basically the three things that could be added to any meal to improve it.

Together...my word.

On 11/11/2019 at 18:34, Tony Moanero said:

Beef or lamb. I know Yorkshire Puddings aren’t supposed to be served with beef, but I don’t care!

Really? They are most definitely served with beef. Its only reading on here that I have discovered that people eat them with other meat (toad in the hole aside). What a sheltered life I have lived

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Champ said:

Really? They are most definitely served with beef. Its only reading on here that I have discovered that people eat them with other meat (toad in the hole aside). What a sheltered life I have lived

Yeah, they’re supposed to be served with beef. I meant to say lamb, not beef. I, however, have them with all roast dinners.

2 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Yeah, they’re supposed to be served with beef. I meant to say lamb, not beef. I, however, have them with all roast dinners.

Yeah when you said they weren't meant to be served with Beef I just assumed you were having one of your turns. 

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Nunavut Patrick said:

Roast beef marinated over night 

Carrots with olive oil basil and Parmesan

Roast potatoes in duck fat and kosher salt (peeled of course)

Yorkshire pudding 

Shallots whole roasted in pan 

Roasted shallots are underrated 

BC7B2C4A-0448-4867-94D4-19C3D5870E3D.jpeg

Looks lovely. Decent portion of roasties, too.

11 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Roast beef and all the trimmings. 

I hate overcooked beef. 

EA53AE43-234C-4944-A4D3-BFC949F37EE0.jpeg

Looks lovely. I assume you don't like your broccoli cooked. Rare occasion when I can't see the burning embers of a building in your plate.