You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

League Cup - Liverpool v Boro

Paco

Doubt it will happen but I would have liked to see whichever cb pairing Rodgers fancies for the Everton game and Mignolet start the game. Centrebacks unlike other areas rarely need resting and ours and Mignolet need as much time together.

Totally agree. I'd be going the back 5, lallana Henderson(if fit) Lucas(or Rossiter). Markovic Borini lambert

Don't think Manquillo went off due to injury, it was just purely a tactical switch.

Just checked McLaughlin's Twitter feed, and it would appear that he's not fit to play at the moment.

I remember seeing quotes from Brendan in the media saying that Lambert would start against Middlesbrough.

Here

lambert starting then

Looking forward to seeing young Rossiter play. Let's hope he has a barnstormer and plays his way in to the derby. Want to see more of Lallana too, he was starting to get into the groove a little bit against west spam. This is a tricky old game though, middlesborough are in good form and we're shite right now. Any win will be good.

We've won the league cup more times than any other club in it's history, we've had some excellent days out and it's been the highlight of many a barren spell.

I love the league cup and desperately want to see us win it again under Rodgers. Whether he can take us where we need to be is another matter but I want us to continue our run of all our managers (worthy of the name - I'm not including that cunt) having won a trophy since before Shankly.

Given the information regarding player availability provided in the past 24 hours or so, I'd go with something like this, this evening.

B. Jones

Manquillo

Toure

Sakho

Enrique

Rossiter

Lucas

Markovic

Lallana

Borini/Suso

Lambert

Mignolet

Stewart

Willams

Moreno

Suso/Borini

Ojo

Balotelli

• Upvote 1

There isn't much better than a piss up at Wembley, "it's only the League Cup" which is true - but I wasn't thinking like that when I was wired in London after beating Palace 3 years ago.

Luckily, we have a very good squad of players who can come in.  Jones, Enrique, Toure, Sakho, McLaughlin, Lucas, Lallana, Coutinho, Suso, Markovic, Lambert.  I wouldn't mind Balotelli getting a run out either, get himself a couple of goals for confidence.

Borini obviously coming off the bench.  It would have been good to get players like Can out in these sort of games, he looks like a good player but was lacking fitness - but that's going to be even worse after he's back thanks to the shitty international break.

I really, really wouldn't be playing Manquillo seen has he's our only fit right back.

Given the information regarding player availability provided in the past 24 hours or so, I'd go with something like this, this evening.

B. Jones

Manquillo

Toure

Sakho

Enrique

Rossiter

Lucas

Markovic

Lallana

Borini/Suso

Lambert

Mignolet

Stewart

Willams

Moreno

Suso/Borini

Ojo

Balotelli

I'm sure we'll be better in every position, at least outfield, possibly not Lucas, but it's a sad looking team for match fitness and form.