You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

iOS8

Acid

There must be something I've missed here.

I know phones fill you up with shit you'll never use, but surely there must be something I can get rid of here?

I'm trying to update to ios8, but my phone is telling me that I only have 4.2gb free, and it needs 4.7gb to update. My phone is only an 8gb model, and so only has around 5gb free space for me to use.

I have backed everything up, and then deleted absolutely everything I can. Apps, ringtones, photos, videos, even a load of my message history, yet I'm still 700mb from being able to update.

So I have two questions.

Is there any of apples shit I can get rid of?

and

If I do eventually get to be able to update, having found 4.7gb space, the update isn't going to fill all of that space is it? Leaving me with essentially 300mb for my phone to use?

The download is only about 1.1 gigs.

Tip: download and install via iTunes, plugged into your computer. It's only wireless downloading that requires massive space. (I discovered after downloading wirelessly of course and stripping down my phone.)

Also, Do Not Activate iCloud drive.

It's not really functional until Yosemite comes out on the Mac.

Guest Super Sub

Since I upgraded my iPad to this shit I get full page pop up adverts. Fucking virgin trains and some bearded hipster fuck in a blazer.

I get them when I view the website version of the site in the browser tab in Tapatalk on my iPad.

Guest Super Sub

Don't know if it's the update but the link that shows Jennifer Lawrence flashing her tits and gash keeps directing me to iTunes and shit.

P.s. Mine updated before this thread

Anyone found their battery levels going all over the place after installing 8?

I've found people who are suffering with this problem. After me recommending that they dont upgrade. They ignored me. So they deserve everything they get.

You never told us. Or not loud enough.

Pages are slower to load, especially on here.

Various notifications settings have changed

And the cursor drops out of the reply box on here

• 4 weeks later...

Running the 5.0 developer preview, so it's not even the finished article.

It's brilliant - much faster, much better battery life, some nice new features and very pretty.

Suck my sweaty Android balls.

ha!  It's precisely that sort of shite that I want to avoid with my gadgets.  I was developing software 30 years ago.  I'm long past the point at which I got bored with that.  I just want my stuff to work without endless hours spent configuring and optimising.  Buy something, and use it.  I spent all day Monday trying to get a PC updated and running properly.  It would have been quicker to reimage and reinstall on top of the fucker.  Fucking Microsoft.  And fucking Google.