You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham vs Liverpool, 20th September 2014

WhiskeyJar

Borini when he shot instead of putting it on a plate for Moreno summed up our problem for me. If he does the right thing there then despite our shite defending we possibly get a result. That was what we did last season, but at the moment we haven't got the intelligence/quality needed to dig ourselves out of our self inflicted holes. We let in bad goals last year we have and will let them in this, difference is we aren't half as good at the other end.

Needs to play the same personnel as last season in the same positions (except for Johnson, Luis is gone) and build from there. We are so easy to play against now. No physical presence in midfield. Song was good for them today and something we need.

Gerrard looks bollixed and should not be on for 90 mins. We're in trouble boys

Dreadful absolutely dreadful.

Rodgers has got to bite the bullet and get a defensive coach in because he just can`t do it.

And please will the midfielders please stop running back twenty yards just to take the ball of the centre back`s toes. it`s ridiculous it just shows a lack of trust in them and leaves us a man light in the middle, we`re shit enough in the middle as it is without one of them acting as  asupplementary centre back.

The lack of pace and power in the midfield is glaring and it`s to Henderson`s detriment as he`s trying to plug holes all over as he`s the only one with any legs or energy and the only one who tries to press the opposition.

And to think we could of had Etoo and Remy but end up with Lambert and Borini. And for DM we could of had Song but are stuck with an over the Hill Gerrard and a shot to pieces Lucas.

It`s makes me wanna weep.

• Upvote 1

Borini when he shot instead of putting it on a plate for Moreno summed up our problem for me. If he does the right thing there then despite our shite defending we possibly get a result. That was what we did last season, but at the moment we haven't got the intelligence/quality needed to dig ourselves out of our self inflicted holes. We let in bad goals last year we have and will let them in this, difference is we aren't half as good at the other end.

That's the difference between a decent player and a top class player. A top class player puts that on a plate for Moreno. Borini hits a 1 in 100 shot. Terrible

• Upvote 1

I think Rodgers needs to have a rethink here, I reckon he's getting carried away with the relative success of last season thinking it's all just going to fall into place for him. It's not.

Rodgers has always had that quality though, been saying it for ages. He's extremely naive in a lot of ways, playing without a recognised DM and having a transfer policy that basically favours just buying attacking mids. It's gung ho or bust, we simply have no other options.

We're paying the price for selling Suarez, just like we did for selling Alonso, Mascherano, Torres and Arbeloa before him. We are a feeder club to the european elite and that's why we'll never get anywhere.

Whenever we have a good thing going for us we get rid of our best players and then it goes right back to the start again. We've been in transition for years and what's even more mystifying is it's always painted as progress... "wait till you see Aquilani play? he's better than Alonso" or "Suarez had to go". 

We are just like Arsenal, although they at least can hope for a better future now their stadium's been paid off. Do you think Man City or Chelsea sell their best players? just ship off Aguero, Kompany or Toure to Barcelona for the money....do they fuck. 

• Upvote 3

Not normally his biggest fan, but we really miss Allen. He's busy in midfield, decent on the ball and at least gives his team mates the option of a pass, which is sorely lacking right now. When Sturridge comes back, we'll also be a different team. We have the talent up in attacking areas to eventually start clicking.

What worries me is the defence. I'm not part of the pro-Sakho or anti-Sakho brigdade, but jesus the lad always seems to veer between looking like the modern day Desailly or looking like a re-incarnation of my mate Gary who was the 12th man and 3rd choice centre half in our pub team - more often he looks more like Gary than Marcel. He always has an error in him.

Lovren has been just atrocious and in the space of 6 games, I've pretty much made up my mind that he'll never be anything for us. Hopefully, I'm wrong - he must have it in him to be a decent player but I'm yet to see it. Lots of decent players couldn't make the step up here and i reckon he's one of them.

I really like Moreno and Manquillo is more positives than negatives, bar his shocking play in this game.

We're paying the price for selling Suarez, just like we did for selling Alonso, Mascherano, Torres and Arbeloa before him. We are a feeder club to the european elite and that's why we'll never get anywhere.

Whenever we have a good thing going for us we get rid of our best players and then it goes right back to the start again, we've been in transition for years and what's even more mystifying is it's always painted as progress.. "Alonso's only had one good season, you seen Aquilani play? he's class" or "Suarez had to go".

We are just like Arsenal although they at least can hope for a better future now the stadium's been paid off. Do you think Man City or Chelsea sell their best players? just ship off Aguero, Kompany or Toure to Barcelona for the money....do they fuck.

They probably would tbh.