You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joe Allen

Gnasher

I liked Allen but this is the best fir everyone. He wont get tbe games under Klopp,he will be the fical point of the Stoke midfield and we get a decent fee for a non first team player,stoke get a fairly decent price etc

Good luck to him

Plus he'll get to keep his chickens.

He didnt do it very well now really did he... It's all great coming on with 20 minutes to go, playing against tired legs making an impact.. He's never done it from the start.. And if you kick him early, he will hide.

Haha! Wrong on every point. At least you're consistent.

He was the only midfielder we had who could control the pace of the game, was always available for a pass, wasn't scared to receive the ball in tight areas, and was able to move forward with the ball.

I've no issue if we bring in someone better, but last season we didn't have a better midfielder.  

Exactly. We're selling the only midfielder in the team with any guile. Not only that, but he was a terrific fit for Klopp's system as he was one of the best and most intelligent presser's of the ball we had. It's a shame he is going and I hope it was his decision to leave rather than the club's.

Exactly. We're selling the only midfielder in the team with any guile. Not only that, but he was a terrific fit for Klopp's system as he was one of the best and most intelligent presser's of the ball we had. It's a shame he is going and I hope it was his decision to leave rather than the club's.

Either you know Klopp's system better than him or that's complete nonsense.

• Upvote 5

Either you know Klopp's system better than him or that's complete nonsense.

http://spielverlagerung.com/2016/07/15/tactical-analysis-jurgen-klopps-liverpool/

Statistically our best presser of the ball last season. He's either being sold because Klopp wants physically stronger/bigger/taller midfielders (which would be a bit bizarre) or because Allen himself wanted to leave for regular first-team football.

• Downvote 1

http://spielverlagerung.com/2016/07/15/tactical-analysis-jurgen-klopps-liverpool/

Statistically our best presser of the ball last season. He's either being sold because Klopp wants physically stronger midfielders (which would be a bit bizarre) or because Allen himself wanted to leave for regular first-team football.

Statistics my hoop.

When a manager works with a player for the majority of a season, doesn't start him in any important games, then sells him a the first chance possible.  That player isn't a terrific fit for what he wants.  That's just common sense.

• Upvote 2

Statistics my hoop.

When a manager works with a player for the majority of a season, doesn't start him in any important games, then sells him a the first chance possible.  That player isn't a terrific fit for what he wants.  That's just common sense.

He's a good fit. The proof is right in front of you. The problem is that Klopp also said the team lacked height and I guess he would rather have a bigger/stronger player in the middle who also fits his system rather than a short one who also fits his system. 

I personally don't agree we should have sold him because he is better on the ball than any of our other midfielders, but it is what it is.