You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joe Allen

Gnasher

Changed pretty much every game he came on in last season but Klopp clearly prefers vastly inferior players.

Next season should be fun with no steady influence to bring off the bench

You're playing your hand way too early, you should of taken your time to get the lay of the land, you've started like a bull in a china shop.

Not very good.

You're playing your hand way too early, you should of taken your time to get the lay of the land, you've started like a bull in a china shop.

Not very good.

he's right on this occasion, and you're not.  But he's gone, and I for one will get over it.  

He was at his best when playing out of his skin, covering lots of ground and his little legs going nineteen to the dozen, but he could never sustain that for a run of games, and he'd usually get fatigued around the 70 min mark much like Lallana.

If he wanted to stay as cover he'd have been a good option, but he wants more, and as a starter we should aspire to a higher level than him too.

He'll do well if he goes to Stoke.

• Upvote 1

He was the only midfielder we had who could control the pace of the game, was always available for a pass, wasn't scared to receive the ball in tight areas, and was able to move forward with the ball.

I've no issue if we bring in someone better, but last season we didn't have a better midfielder.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

He was the only midfielder we had who could control the pace of the game, was always available for a pass, wasn't scared to receive the ball in tight areas, and was able to move forward with the ball.

I've no issue if we bring in someone better, but last season we didn't have a better midfielder.  

I thought he looked quality whenever he came into the side after a while out, but once that adrenaline and zip faded a game or two in he looked quite average again.

I don't think he stood out particularly as our best midfielder, but he's no worse than the others. Lucas' legs are gone, Henderson consistently disappoints and at this stage in his career (hopefully he'll improve) Can can alternate between Beckenbauer and Jay Spearing in the same minute. 

I wouldn't get rid of Allen unless we're bringing a better central midfielder in. Our transfer business so far suggests that we might be setting up hoping to win most games 5-3 or 6-4 next season, though.

• Upvote 1

He didnt do it very well now really did he... It's all great coming on with 20 minutes to go, playing against tired legs making an impact.. He's never done it from the start.. And if you kick him early, he will hide.

• Upvote 1

I liked Allen but this is the best fir everyone. He wont get tbe games under Klopp,he will be the fical point of the Stoke midfield and we get a decent fee for a non first team player,stoke get a fairly decent price etc

Good luck to him

Hughes is building a interesting side there. Some good players in that squad

• Upvote 1