You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UCL - Liverpool v Ludogorets

Paco

Liverpool new fan Scholes thinks we can win the champions league. Funny enough that thought did occur to me as well if we get our act together, a surprise raid a la 2005:

Man Utd legend Scholes: Liverpool can win Champions League

Submitted by Tribal Football Staff about an hour ago
as_gerrard1_44.jpg

Manchester United legend Paul Scholes believes Liverpool can win the Champions League this season.

Scholes reckons Liverpool could cause a shock and bring the trophy to Merseyside for a sixth time.

"Brendan Rodgers has done a fantastic job," the ex-midfield star told ITV. "The style of play he's adopted is exciting to watch and the players seem to have taken to him.

"I feel they will do well with the players they have.

"The big advantage they have is a home crowd. Anfield is always a hostile place to go, which is something Manchester City lack."

•  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  
      •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •        

I'd rather have played Real Madrid first we would have been more up for it, the fans too. The return to the cl seems anti climactic against one of the lesser sides. Can you imagine the noise for Real Madrid? I'm not saying we won't be up for it but it would have made the occasion much better.

Also my worry with ludogorets is that they will have a spring in their step, would rather play them, when they have been beaten by The Swiss and Spanish and them already pretty much out.

• Upvote 1

We could not have asked for an easier introduction to the European campaign following the international break. A home tie against minnows preceded by a home game against average league opposition is what any coach would have been happy to take. A team with an annual budget of €5million and a club that did not exist till 2001 should be swatted away.

Although maybe we do need to be wary as the Ludogorets coach is a tactical genius. He had a defender save two penalty's in the shootout, take that butthead in your face. They also have gk problems.

Ludogorets are only the second Bulgarian team to reach the group stages and will start with Milan Borjan in goal only four days after signing the Canadian on an emergency basis. The first-choice goalkeeper, Vladislav Stoyanov, is suspended having been sent off in the play-off defeat of Steaua Bucharest when his replacement, the defender Cosmin Moti, saved two penalties in the shootout. The understudy Ivan Cvorovic then suffered a shoulder injury last Thursday to prompt the move for the free agent Borjan.

Bit of background as my sensei Brigant has not posted an in-depth analysis of our opponents.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/sep/15/meet-ludogorets-bulgarians-upset-liverpool-champions-league

Can't wait for this. If I hadn't just got back from a weekend in Hamburg, I'd defo be out for a few scoops early doors around town to soak up the atmosphere. My body feels like it's at breaking point right now, so I don't think it would thank me for putting it through another session!

Feels great being back in the big time.