You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Scapegoat of the Year 2014/15

AngryOfTuebrook

Well it won't be Gerrard

Actually, that's a rather interesting point.  We're probably about a half-season of frustration away from seeing the mong portion of the fanbase turn on our captain, but I would say it will happen eventually.

And to be fair, he is quite poor as part of a 2 in midfield.  We do sort of have to structure the team in a way that suits him at this point, so I suppose there's an argument to be made that at some point it won't be worth it.

I know it's wrong, I know I'm out of order and know he's just coming back from injury but Lallana is my scapegoat already. To see him strolling around yesterday fucking about with his hair constantly wound me up no end.

Lallana did well for me especially considering it was his first game. Showed enough that he'll be very good for us this season. Balotelli will be the main scapegoat for me, everything in his locker but lazy.

Lallana did well for me especially considering it was his first game. Showed enough that he'll be very good for us this season. Balotelli will be the main scapegoat for me, everything in his locker but lazy.

I suspect this will be true.  Plenty of mongs got whipped into a frenzy of hero-worship before he'd even kicked a ball for us.  I fully expect them to turn on him if he goes a few more games without scoring.

Whiskey jar, has to be scapegoat. Last season he put in massive effort and his thread starting got us a superb run in.

This season however, his thread starting has lead to a 50% loss rate.

We should sell him in the January window, and drop him immediately.

The crap Sakho gets is ridiculous. Yes, he made an error to concede a corner, which eventually lead to the goal. I know, punishable by death right? Doesn't make another mistake for the rest of the game, looks increasingly comfortable, and still a section of the fans here blame him for the loss. Near the start of the game Moreno (who was probably our best player) fucked up a routine clearance that lead to a dangerous cross being put in, but nothing came of it. Swap situations, and have the corner cleared as it should have bloody been, and let the cross lead to a goal, and would people be piling on Moreno? Hell no, and nor should they.

• Upvote 1