You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

115 million spent and Rodgers is crying

Denny Crane

I really thought Denny Crane was a patsy to lead us off the trail, but he's the original source. I expected a bit more ingenuity and cunning at play, like coming in under two different accounts, one a nigerian mentalist and the other a normal account, infiltration from within, the mentalist account will take the heat off whilst the other account gains a footing, even a degree of respect before assuming your final form.

But no it's just straight in there every time, no foreplay whatsoever, in the word's of Andy Townsend "it's disappointing Clive".

I liked the look of Lallana, couple of flashes of quality, don't forget he's not properly fit yet.

Markovic could take a few months, that's the risk, but that's why he cost £20m and not £40m.

Nah, for me the problem is Gerrard starting games. We're really missing a trick not having him on the bench. He'd lift the crowd when he comes on, and be able to play full tilt for 30 mins.

I agree with this. Having Steve play so far back with two centre half's against a team that parks the bus is a waste.

Lallana showed flashes but I'm surprised Brendan didnt start with Sterling and bring Lallana and Lambert on together as they know each others game. Lazar is young and needs time.

All in all a young team, young manager and a lot of new players who need a bit of time to gel. If they prove to be not up to scratch our manager has proved he wastes little time in moving them on and refreshing the squad.

I liked the look of Lallana, couple of flashes of quality, don't forget he's not properly fit yet.

Markovic could take a few months, that's the risk, but that's why he cost £20m and not £40m.

Nah, for me the problem is Gerrard starting games. We're really missing a trick not having him on the bench. He'd lift the crowd when he comes on, and be able to play full tilt for 30 mins.

Gerrard's is a wasted role trying to feed long passes forward because we no longer have Suarez to chase and harry. Either push him forward into Coutinho's role or bench him because we were forever at a disadvantage when Villa had 10 behind the ball. It'll be the same in the next match where the opposition put 10 behind the ball.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Never.  Having said that I go to watch international cricket quite often.  In the summer.

Interesting way to 'come out' to the forum, but fair enough.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

He really does have extensive mental health problems doesn't he.

I'm not qualified to make the judgement, but from what I've read he quite clearly has a borderline personality disorder.

But is it?  IS IT?  Let's find out...

Denny, should Dalglish had been sacked?  Do you think he would be doing better than Rodgers if he was here?

Denny, what are your thoughts on Benitez?  A genius who was maltreated by the club, or a disingenuous self-obsessed loon taking the piss out of the more gullible fans?  

Denny, what about Norway?  A country full of SAD-ridden humourless alcoholics, or a pine-clad haven?