You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

115 million spent and Rodgers is crying

Denny Crane

I think he struggles a bit with the pace and movement of the attackers in the Premier League.  

I just think he struggles with a football.

Funny a sfuck the people here who think they 'know' more about a player who they see for 90 minutes every other week to a manager who sees him day in day fucking out.

He hasn't been responsible for a single goal since he arrived. 

Haha, you keep telling yourself that.  If you don't think he was at least partly to blame yesterday I think you have causation issues.

Lovren has been culpable too but at least he has something about him and actually intervenes to positive effect on some occasions.  Sakho's first instinct is to drop back another five yards.  

• Upvote 1

Haha, you keep telling yourself that. If you don't think he was at least partly to blame yesterday I think you have causation issues.

Lovren has been culpable too but at least he has something about him and actually intervenes to positive effect on some occasions. Sakho's first instinct is to drop back another five yards.

Yeah of you concede a corner your responsible if a goal comes from it, ok.

Lovern has something, well that's ok we can allow him to cause a goal a game then. He's a midtable player at best, and if he's not dropped we can kiss goodbye to top 4, he was shit against spurs also and Mingelot saved him

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Both to blame for me, Sakho didn't need to give the corner away then Lovren showed his usual lack of positional awareness..

Sakho gave a corner away and was guilty of giving a corner away. Lovren lost his marker for the corner, mainly through lack of strength, and was at fault for the goal. They both did good things. I just can't bear all this overreaction. One miss-kick, one wrong move and on here you're instantly shit or you've had a shit game. Had we scored from their corner, as we've done in the past, then it wouldn't have anything to do with Sakho either. It was a totally separate piece of play.

• Upvote 1

If you don't think our lack of ability to break such teams down is not a midfield problem then what actually is? how many actual shots/chances were created with all that possession? 

A problem with the attack.  Coutinho, Balotelli, Lallana and Markovic between them contributed nothing.  They were the players who were supposed to make things happen in the final third, not Gerrard and Henderson.

The previous games against Villa are irrelevant. 

I think if you look at the game overall objectively the problems were in defence, where we were hopeless at defending set pieces again, and in attack where we created nothing.  The middle part of the pitch was okay.

Apart from the fact someone doesn't learn from them. ok so do Gerrard and Henderson not get the ball to them in the 1st place? and if the villa midfield close down the spaces for those attacking mids (2 of which were making their debuts), whose responsible to find another way and control/dictate things? 

1st question - they did, for the most part.  Villa had one shot on goal all game.

2nd question - Coutinho, who was abysmal.  And the full backs as the spare men. 

Guest Numero Veinticinco

And if that corner is not given away needlessly we don't concede do we? as Lovrens lack of positional skills isn't exposed.

How far back to you want to go in the game? Kick off early enough? Who kicked off? Gerrard probably. Cost us another goal, the cunt. It's silly, mate. You can't blame one person for another's failure just because he was required to do something later in the game. It's silly. I just totally disagree with that.

How far back to you want to go in the game? Kick off early enough? Who kicked off? Gerrard probably. Cost us another goal, the cunt. It's silly, mate. You can't blame one person for another's failure just because he was required to do something later in the game. It's silly. I just totally disagree with that.

More causation issues here, that's what's silly.  Sakho shouldn't have given the corner away and then there's nothing to deal with, simple.  

Guest Numero Veinticinco

More causation issues here, that's what's silly.  Sakho shouldn't have given the corner away and then there's nothing to deal with, simple.

I don't think you understand cause and effect very well, TK. Maybe before lecturing people on it, you might want to brush up yourself. Of course Sakho shouldn't have given the corner away, just like whoever lost possession previously shouldn't have given the ball away. What percentage of the blame does he get? Just mindless blame game. I'd be my balls if it was Lucas who'd given that corner away, you'd be making this same argument. Me, I'd blame Lovren. Why? Because it was his fault.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Fully agree. a mistake that led to another mistake, perhaps we could just cut all the mistakes out.  our defensive frailties don't seem to be improving even when we change personal. (though the fall backs are looking better)

So, how much do you blame the person who lost possession before hand. What part did they play? That's a serious question, because this line of thinking is beyond daft.

On the midfield vs attack thing, surely it's a bit of both? If you've got all the possession and no shots, one or two things are probably happening. The players up top aren't moving and showing for the ball in dangerous areas or aren't using the ball effectively when they get it. And the players behind them aren't moving play forward quickly and intelligently enough to create opportunities for the front line.

We failed in both areas yesterday.

Fully agree. a mistake that led to another mistake, perhaps we could just cut all the mistakes out.  our defensive frailties don't seem to be improving even when we change personal. (though the fall backs are looking better)

Agreed, as was said earlier all teams concede daft goals, our problem is that we seem to ship at least 1 per game it must have some effect on overall confidence both in attack and when defending.

What percentage of the blame does he get? Just mindless blame game. I'd be my balls if it was Lucas who'd given that corner away, you'd be making this same argument. Me, I'd blame Lovren. Why? Because it was his fault.

The TK Blamometer comes out at 60% for a stupid unforced error early in the game handing a team with limited attacking ambition a corner.  40% to Lovren. 

I'd bet your balls if it was Lucas you would acknowledge this. 

Guest Numero Veinticinco

The TK Blamometer comes out at 60% for a stupid unforced error early in the game handing a team with limited attacking ambition a corner.  40% to Lovren. 

I'd bet your balls if it was Lucas you would acknowledge this.

I wouldn't, because it wouldn't be Lucas' fault for the goal.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Cunt of a thread started by a twat.

Totally disagree. Actually, you've got it totally back to front. It's a twat of a thread, started by a cunt.