You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

80's TV shows

Sugar Ape

Having just googled it, i believe it was "First Class" presented by Mossley Hill's very own Debbie Greenwood.

I still can't remember it though...

It is, yeah.  It was on BBC1 around tea time.  I have a reasonable memory of it so it must be from 88 onwards, I'd guess. 

Here's a bit more about it:

http://www.ukgameshows.com/ukgs/Weaver%27s_Week_2012-08-12 

Having just googled it, i believe it was "First Class" presented by Mossley Hill's very own Debbie Greenwood.

I still can't remember it though...

It is, yeah.  It was on BBC1 around tea time.  I have a reasonable memory of it so it must be from 88 onwards, I'd guess. 

I'd have dipped her in her day.  And in mine.

Anyone remember BMX Beat? It used to be on during the summer holidays. I remember staying at my cousin's house one summer and BMX Beat was on. We wanted to watch that but his older sister wanted to watch Why Don't You? instead. Given that she was the oldest, she pulled rank, told her parents and we were asked to switch the channel. Within seconds on Why Don't You? they started showing a segment on BMX bikes and all the tricks you can do on a halfpipe. Her face was funny as fuck!

The_Professionals_title_card.jpg

Used to be allowed to stop up late (after 9?) on Friday nights to watch this. At the time it was considered fairly violent.

Friday night was bath night (you have to be a certain age to know this term). 

On top of that, Doyle (Martin Shaw) bore more than a passing resemblance to the newly revamped Action Man who sported realistic 'fuzzy' hair and gripping hands. 

Used to love the Hulk TV Series. I remember there was an episode called "The other" where David Banner found that there was a scientist who had injected similar gamma rays he had absorbed into some old caretaker. The other hulk was scary, dead tall, mad hair and big teeth. There was a scene where he was trying to get a gate off a mine as he was trapped in it. Me and my brother had proper nightmares for weeks after it.

Same here.  Shit myself watching that episode.

I used to hide behind the sofa when the opening tune for the hulk started, the bit when banner changes the wheel and his eyes go all fucked up for the first time.  The hulk was a lot meaner looking in the pilot as well.