You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How would your in-laws rate you?

Rico1304

Following on from rate your in laws, what would they say about you?

Mine would be;

- doesn't take life seriously enough

- shouldn't drink so much (despite my limit being 3 pints nowadays)

- loves her daughter and always looks after her and Izzy

6/10 could do better.

Mine would say;

1. Top bloke who lets me stay a few weeks through the year and cleans up after me despite him being in work all day.

2. Mops up all the tears I make my daughter shed because I'm a selfish cunt.

3. Gives me money I promise I'll pay back but never do and act as if it never happened, thus meaning I can spend it on holidays abroad whilst my granddaughter has to have her christening postponed because my daughter and son in law can now not afford to have it when they intended to.

That's just the mother in law. The father in law I've never met because he fucked off out of his kids lives when they were kids.

• Upvote 2

Both dead now but got on very well with both of them.

Was in the early days of my relationship with the Mrs & the in-laws were still wary of me, when me & her arranged to go for a week in London ( The FiL wasn't best pleased to say the least).

On the last night at the hotel the Mrs phoned her mum & said we were just visiting Harrods the next morning & would then be on an afternoon train back. As it happened, the hotel wouldn't keep an eye on the cases, so rather than lugging them round London we just got a lunch nearby & then nipped to Euston.

Got out of the taxi at the In-Laws house & the FiL came running down the path at us. Shit myself and got ready for a scrap , when all of a sudden he grabbed me in a bear hug & got really emotional. In the days before mobiles & 24 hour news we had no idea that the IRA's bomb had gone off that morning & that there were fatalities.

Strange how things pan out & we got on sound from then on.

• Upvote 1

Both dead now but got on very well with both of them.

Was in the early days of my relationship with the Mrs & the in-laws were still wary of me, when me & her arranged to go for a week in London ( The FiL wasn't best pleased to say the least).

On the last night at the hotel the Mrs phoned her mum & said we were just visiting Harrods the next morning & would then be on an afternoon train back. As it happened, the hotel wouldn't keep an eye on the cases, so rather than lugging them round London we just got a lunch nearby & then nipped to Euston.

Got out of the taxi at the In-Laws house & the FiL came running down the path at us. Shit myself and got ready for a scrap, when all of a sudden he grabbed me in a bear hug & got really emotional. In the days before mobiles & 24 hour news we had no idea that the IRA's bomb had gone off that morning & that there were fatalities.

Strange how things pan out & we got on sound from then on.

Bet he let go when he found out you hadn't brought him anything home from Harrods.