You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joan Rivers

Paul

Guest Pistonbroke

You seem to be rather impassioned on this subject for someone who himself claims offence when it suits. Anyone would think that contradiction was down to you holding an instinctive bias simply because she's Jewish, and are now lashing out randomnly through prejudice. That's working on the ridiculously patronising proviso that people not finding her funny or disliking her are probably misogynistic anti-semites, of course.

I'm sure you feel the street goes both ways on the matter, given your interests in taking a balanced view and even-handedness, and would similarly recognise you're by definition a joyless cunt who needs to fuck himself the vast majority of the time that you get offended, using the same principles?

(We all know you'll claim to be part of the 1% justified in being offended, just playing along for the Punch and Judy knockabout).

He just posts for reaction, must lead a pretty boring life. For someone of his intelligence he mostly comes across as an unintelligent meff, if you get my gist. 

You seem to be rather impassioned on this subject for someone who himself claims offence when it suits. Anyone would think that contradiction was down to you holding an instinctive bias simply because she's Jewish, and are now lashing out randomnly through prejudice. That's working on the ridiculously patronising proviso that people not finding her funny or disliking her are probably misogynistic anti-semites, of course.

I'm sure you feel the street goes both ways on the matter, given your interests in taking a balanced view and even-handedness, and would similarly recognise you're by definition a joyless cunt who needs to fuck himself the vast majority of the time that you get offended, using the same principles?

(We all know you'll claim to be part of the 1% justified in being offended, just playing along for the Punch and Judy knockabout).

As is obvious, someone expressing an opinion is not the same  as trying to provoke someone by repeatedly libelling them, so there's no contradiction.

Joan Rivers' ethnicity has nothing to do with anything so far as I'm concerned. I've defended Frankie Boyle's right to offend people in the past, and his opinions on Gaza are practically the opposite to Joan Rivers'.

If I've deduced that someone is a misogynist anti-semite, that's probably due to their expressed support for misgynist anti-semites in the Middle East. I'd suggest that anyone who doesn't want to be grouped in with misgynist anti-semites doesn't throw their lot in with people like that.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

The best part of it is SD, is that you don't even realise when you make a complete cunt of yourself. Obviously not a lack of education, just a clear lack of common sense. I find people who lack common sense a waste of time, sums you up perfectly. But please carry on, it takes all types to make this forum what it is. 

Your such a smug twat, even your avatar (Dawkins) encapsulates your writing style perfectly, the casual glance, the knitted jumper, the laboured contemptuous smile. So what are you trying to say? are you saying that Joan was infallible and shouldn't of been laid out to pasture after commenting that it was 'good' that loads of innocent Palestinian's lost their lives? Wasn't that obviously going to cause a backlash?

For someone that claims you should go out of your way to offend the status quo, you sure get offended by Joan River's legacy being brought into question.

• Upvote 1

It's not a matter of getting offended about anyone's legacy, more a question of putting people right when they are demonstrably wrong.

I'm sure Joan didn't give a tuppenny fuck what jumped-up little pricks thought of her, and that's an example I intend to follow.

Guest Pistonbroke

The word "irony" summed up perfectly. Most people probably don#t give a fuck about what you post SD, they just get offended by your double standards, back tracking and pure stupidity on your behalf. in other words, yer a fucking cunt.