You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bill Shankly

Aldonose

Saw Phil Boersma about ten years ago at a sportsmans dinner and to be fair he has the Dorian Gray vibe, looked about 40 and must have been 60-Ish . Was going out with the lady from the Gold Blend  advert, Sharon Maughan at some point. I got the impression he had fallen out with Souness as he wasn't complimentary about him during the piece.

19 hours ago, sir roger said:

Saw Phil Boersma about ten years ago at a sportsmans dinner and to be fair he has the Dorian Gray vibe, looked about 40 and must have been 60-Ish . Was going out with the lady from the Gold Blend  advert, Sharon Maughan at some point. I got the impression he had fallen out with Souness as he wasn't complimentary about him during the piece.

Mother of Alice Eve. Stunninghttps://images.app.goo.gl/U7RB6ncBsrVEJHN68

• 9 months later...
2 hours ago, tokyojoe said:

The Only True God.

The Messiah. My Dad idolised him.

When I was a kid, he told me that Shanks was the greatest man who ever lived and he meant it.

He was gutted when he resigned, but when he died, he was that upset he had to take the day off work.

He thought Bob and Joe were brilliant managers and loved Kenny as a player and manager and was chuffed when Kenny came back for a second spell. 

He thought the world of Kenny, especially for the way he was over Hillsborough and he would have loved Jurgen, but Shanks was the man.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

The Messiah. My Dad idolised him.

When I was a kid, he told me that Shanks was the greatest man who ever lived and he meant it.

He was gutted when he resigned, but when he died, he was that upset he had to take the day off work.

He thought Bob, Joe were brilliant managers and loved Kenny as a player and manager and was chuffed when Kenny came back for a second spell. 

He thought the world of Kenny, especially for the way he was over Hillsborough and he would have loved Jurgen, but Shanks was the man.

It must have been amazing to have supported them right from when Shanks took over right up to the all conquering side we became under Bob. Incredible nights I bet. 

1 minute ago, KMD7 said:

It must have been amazing to have supported them right from when Shanks took over right up to the all conquering side we became under Bob. Incredible nights I bet. 

My Dad was 20 when Shanks got the job, so he saw the lot really.

He had me on his shoulders in the Kop when I was 2, so that would have been 1965. Mad when you think about it.

Obviously I don't remember any of that, but I do remember walking home in the dark with him and it being foggy when I was about 4 or 5, no recollection of the game though.

Different times.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

My Dad was 20 when Shanks got the job, so he saw the lot really.

He had me on his shoulders in the Kop when I was 2, so that would have been 1965. Mad when you think about it.

Obviously I don't remember any of that, but I do remember walking home in the dark with him and it being foggy when I was about 4 or 5, no recollection of the game though.

Different times.

Were you one of those little cunts who climbed on to my back? Some little twat nearly pulled my ears off once!

I had the pleasure of meeting The Great Man. Everything about Him was electrifying.

• Upvote 3

My Dad was at his house years ago, he said I kept calling him Mr Shankly, it's Bill John, OK Mr Shankly anyway he was making a cup of tea or something and when asked if he ever drank he replied, just the odd hot Toddy before bed but as he went into the Kitchen Nessie said take no notice he has 2 or 3, he's 87 now and is still in awe of him. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

Were you one of those little cunts who climbed on to my back? Some little twat nearly pulled my ears off once!

I had the pleasure of meeting The Great Man. Everything about Him was electrifying.

Ah, so you were that miserable twat then!

I wish my Dad had met him, he really did idolise him. I don't think it was just about football either, it was his whole philosophy, his values and what he stood for. 

Someone we could all learn from I think.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

Ah, so you were that miserable twat then!

I wish my Dad had met him, he really did idolise him. I don't think it was just about football either, it was his whole philosophy, his values and what he stood for. 

Someone we could all learn from I think.

Cunt!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, tokyojoe said:

One of my proudest possessions.

20210930_004310[1].jpg

I bought my Dad the Shankly book written by his Granddaughter, signed by the 1965 FA Cup winning team. 

It came with a certificate that said I had been raised the Shankly way.

It's in my Mums somewhere, or at least I hope it is.

She threw a lot of stuff away when my Dad died.

Don't know why.

• Like 1