You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer Window 2015

RobbieOR

Gerrard is our top scorer. Anyone who really thinks our attack is ok is living in cloud cuckoo land.

There's fuck all wrong with Borini and Sturridge, I'd have them in a top level team anyday of the week.

But we obviously miss two bodies there, and we also miss a few goals from Coutinho, Sterling, Lallana and Markovic. I think those lads need to be braver and score a few more goals, and then that leads to defences giving a shit about them. As it stands, I don't think many defences give a shit about any of those lads on the edge of the area and about to shoot.

Borini would be excellent with 10-15 starts under his belt. COnfidence is key, he hasn't had it. Look at Suarez in front of goal for Barca, he's just not relaxed enough yet. Look at Markovic now compared with his first games, chalk and cheese.

BY the way, did you see that turn and run by Delph at the weekend?

It's amazing how 5 seconds can change your mind on a player. I'm not totally sold, but there's something there.

Delph has got some ability no doubt, but joining a squad with very few players familiar with playing in Europe and winning things isn't going to help either him or them crack on to the next level. His problem is that if he does join a club of high standing and ambition, he might find that he doesn't get a look in and will end up stagnating. On a lucrative contract.

It's why I want us to look a genuine proven midfield quality in the summer because we now require the sort of players to help take the ones that are here up another level or two. 

• Upvote 2

Looking competent for a team fighting relegation means he's not good enough to come here. If he was head and shoulders above his entire team, I'd still have reservations, so it's a big fat avoid from me. And it should be from the club officials too.

Signing shite has crippled our progress for years, we need to forget this mental philosophy we seem to favour.

Sign good players, leave the better performing dross for West Ham / Everton to fight over.

• Upvote 1

Delph is 25.

Signing good younger players like Henderson and Allen from mid table clubs is fine when they are displaying consistent performances at the age of 20/21 as the scope for improvement is huge.

Delph is already older than both and has shown nowhere near their level. Ever.

It's fucking madness we are even linked to him.

• Upvote 4

Delph may turn out to be a good buy. LFC has a fine tradition of identifying those players who can make the step up. Our problem is that those able to make that judgment are pretty much non-existent at the Club

LFC has an even finer tradition of wasting money on players hovering around mediocrity for most of their careers.

• Upvote 1

Why would Milan agree to any buy back when he is there player in 6 months time. I think he should have got more chances but we got 1ml and dont pay his wages for a player who has never been more reserve team player, who only had 6 months on a deal and had signed a pre contract

1. They wouldn't have to pay the £1m, AC Milan and all Italian clubs are absolutely skint.

2. They get him in 6 months earlier.

3. They make a tidy £15m (or whatever we could have agreed on) profit on a player.

I agree that he should have been given more of a chance, I've said before, in all the youth games I watched, he was the one I was certain that was going to make it here out of him and Sterling.

1. They wouldn't have to pay the £1m, AC Milan and all Italian clubs are absolutely skint.

2. They get him in 6 months earlier.

3. They make a tidy £15m (or whatever we could have agreed on) profit on a player.

I agree that he should have been given more of a chance, I've said before, in all the youth games I watched, he was the one I was certain that was going to make it here out of him and Sterling.

When should he have played?

Anytime last season when either Moses, Aspas or Alberto played would have been fine. Could have halved Sterlings game time too.

Why would you have halved the game time of possibly the most important player in the title run-in? Crazy talk.

The idea that you would have played him instead of Alberto is sound enough. Not sure that the amount of minutes he got would constitute being given a proper chance though.

If I were Suso I'd not be hanging about. He's not as good as Coutinho, Sterling or Lallana (or even Gerrard) in the role he wants to play so he needs to move on to get his career going.

Martin Ødegaard will join Real Madrid immediately after the clubs can pen out a deal. According to the local newspaper from his home town, the Ødegaard camp (him and his father) considered offers from Bayern, Arsenal and Liverpool seriously up until they finally decided to sign for Real. 

He will train with their first team, but play under Zidane for Real Madrid Castilla until teh summer at least. 

Opposed to many other footballers, Ødegaard IS a husge Liverpool-fan, but that didn't influence his decision this time around (sadly for us)

Martin Ødegaard will join Real Madrid immediately after the clubs can pen out a deal. According to the local newspaper from his home town, the Ødegaard camp (him and his father) concidered offers from Bayern, Arsenal and Liverpool seriously up until they finally decided to sign for Real. 

He will train with their first team, but play under Zidane for Real Madrid Castilla until teh summer at least. 

Opposed to many other footballers, Ødegaard IS a husge Liverpool-fan, but that didn't influence his desicion this time around (sadly for us)

The dynasty is over - we can't even get boyhood reds!

Why would you have halved the game time of possibly the most important player in the title run-in? Crazy talk.

The idea that you would have played him instead of Alberto is sound enough. Not sure that the amount of minutes he got would constitute being given a proper chance though.

If I were Suso I'd not be hanging about. He's not as good as Coutinho, Sterling or Lallana (or even Gerrard) in the role he wants to play so he needs to move on to get his career going.

He wasn't the most important player in the run in, Suarez and Sturridge still were the most important players, Sterling was up there with them but as we've seen this season, no Sturridge or Suarez and Sterling isn't as effective.

When he first got back in the team, around November I think it was, Suso could have been playing before this. Then rotated with Sterling, keeping them both fresh. Suso might not have had the impact of Sterling last season, so he mightn't have played much after but at least that would have been a fairish shot.

I wasn't just talking Alberto's minutes because I'm not sure he was given much of a chance either but I've seen Suso play in either wide position, as the number 10 and as the deep playmaker. He could have Aspas and Moses game time too.

Nor me, he's not as good now as them players you've mentioned but I think the point people are making is that he could be. Therefore not spending £25m on Lallana (I'm a Lallana fan by the way).

Have any of you bleating on about Suso considered the possibility that he might not be the best fit for a team built around pace and mobility? He's not immobile by any means but his game is all about ball to feet whereas we were very effective when moving the ball into space quickly and having players move forward off the back of it. He could do well in Italy but Milan's recent transfer policy seems to be all about cheap signings, freebies and punts in the hope of putting together a competitive side rather than ambitious squad-building for a serious trophy tilt.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If Suso was as good as some people are making out, do you not think he'd have been given more game time? The way some of you are carrying on, you'd think we'd just sold the next Messi/Ronaldo. He was a decent player whenever I seen him, but there must be a reason as to why Brendan didn't fancy him. I seem to recall loads on here being unhappy when Tom Ince was let go & was doing the biz at Blackpool. Where's he now?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2