You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer Window 2015

RobbieOR

I think the fact he had very little of his contract left, and generally, like Alonso/Mascherano/Torres, wanted to get the fuck away from a club owned by a pair of spastics had quite a lot to do with it as well.

If I remember correctly, Arbeloa actually wanted to sign a new contract earlier in the year, but the situation at the club meant he wasn't offered one. Then Real made an offer months later and he was off.

If I remember correctly, Arbeloa actually wanted to sign a new contract earlier in the year, but the situation at the club meant he wasn't offered one. Then Real made an offer months later and he was off.

It sounds like the sort of thing we'd have done, and still would actually.

Not counting all the money we would have paid him not to play for us.

He was on 20k a week here and has been on loan the last season and a half where his wages were covered and we got loan fees.

He didn't go to stoke because they didn't offer him enough, he will have got a good wage from his new club and with his wages so low I highly doubt we had to give him anything except maybe a small percentage of the fee.

• Upvote 1

Ekotto may well have been a left back as well, but he's certainly played right back. I don't see an awful lot of difference in which flank that full backs play, I think it's quite acceptable to mix and match at times, as we've done ourselves.

The skillset is the same, you don't see left midfielders pigeon-holed on one side, they interchange all the time, it's expected.

I'm never quite whether you're wumming or just a total mentalist.  

Ekotto may well have been a left back as well, but he's certainly played right back. I don't see an awful lot of difference in which flank that full backs play, I think it's quite acceptable to mix and match at times, as we've done ourselves.

The skillset is the same, you don't see left midfielders pigeon-holed on one side, they interchange all the time, it's expected.

This is fucking comedy gold.

He's a left back.  I watch a lot of footy and I don't reckon I've ever seen him play right back once.  The fact that you don't see the benefit of right footed full backs playing the right side and vice versa pretty much sums up your footballing knowledge.  It's very rare you ever see any left footed left backs play right back.  I reckon anyone would struggle to name 3 in the whole fucking world.  You see right footers playing left back a lot because left footers are more rare but usually it's out of necessity rather than actively choosing to play them there.  Fucking mental.