You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer Window 2015

RobbieOR

Heskey was fucking brilliant for us for a couple of years after he signed. Him, Owen and Anelka were scary up front, one game against Newcastle in particular.

I remember that game very well. This was the game where Anelka was sensational and too think Ged signed Diouf instead. One of the biggest own goals ever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely going to be a seller's market, even more so than usual. I just can't see us doing anything important in January even if we have the will. There's just too many clubs with deeper pockets and just as much, if not more incentive to push on for first or fourth.

I remember that game very well. This was the game where Anelka was sensational and too think Ged signed Diouf instead. One of the biggest own goals ever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been quite a few this yr ,probably the worst transfers in our history ,never been so disappointed

Heskey was fucking brilliant for us for a couple of years after he signed.

While not quite as incompatible as matter and anti-matter, the name Heskey and the words 'fucking brilliant' cannot co-exist for that long period of time. Better measured in minutes, halves and the occasional match.

Even Ged himself is quoted as regretting his buying Diouf (and Diao):

He told the London Evening Standard: “The recruitment the year I was ill, with El Hadji Diouf and Salif Diao, were not up to standard in terms of attitude. I regret that.”

www.tribalfootball.com/articles/houllier-diao-diouf-were-not-liverpool-standard-988101#.VJ8TvUAA0

So who needs to express regret about Balotelli from this "committee" to which everyone passed the buck?

Yeah completely crazy trying to sign a world class goalkeeper when his agent has intimated he'd be interested. 

no no, chasing a world class GK is ok, I think Cech is class but we all know he won't join us and we would spend entire window chasing him to see him end up in Bundesliga or PSG, we need long term class keeper, also a DM and RCB should be priorities because every GK would suck in our team tbh, poor old Buffon would go batshit crazy after 2 games behind Big Marty Skrtel and Gerrard + Lucas midfield.

We've needed a DM from the time Rodgers got the job and in every transfer window he's ignored this. I cant see him signing one at all. when we were challenging for the title last year and most people were calling out in January for a DM we spent the entire window chasing a winger.

We've needed a DM from the time Rodgers got the job and in every transfer window he's ignored this. I cant see him signing one at all. when we were challenging for the title last year and most people were calling out in January for a DM we spent the entire window chasing a winger.

And then nearly won the league without a DM.

• Upvote 1