You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer Window 2015

RobbieOR

A loan would be a good move, if we finally were going to pay the big fee and wages for a top experienced player it should not be cech.

Hes past his best, we wouldn't get many years or money back for him and he was looking very shaky when chelseas defence was suspect under managers like avb.

Far from it we must have watched different keepers. Buying Cech is a sure fire bet that we'll ever get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking ahead of his side’s Capital One Cup quarter-final against Bournemouth, boss Rodgers suggested he would welcome a meeting of this kind.

“Within, we are very analytical of performance and analyse how we’re doing for constant improvement,” he said.

“But my work is very much focused on the players that we do have, on trying to improve them individually and as a team. I think I’ve shown in my career as a coach and a manager that that’s what I get my teeth into.”

The old teeth or the new teeth?

• Upvote 1

I have a feeling we need to spend some money in the January sales. So please , whoever is responsible for spending the millions we give the club to buy players, for the love of the club and it's very being, please buy players that we need. 

DM - have needed for years now. Just do it, and buy someone who can tackle and start an attack. Some goals would be good too.

Strikers - just bite the bullet and get at least one shit hot striker who can win us the shitty EL and get us back into the CL

It won't be cheap. But I say we make a statement and drop another 75 and show how serious we are. FSG we need what we need so you either faff around or you deal with it like you do a flat tire. If you do this thing correctly you will then be eligible for entrance into the cojones club. It's simple, Rodgers is your boy, he's floundering like a fat fish on the bank of goodwill and he needs help John.

Give him a last roll of the dice, make him say that both signings are his boys, make him do loads of gladhanding and show off those much maligned beautiful fucking teeth while he tells Britain's best that he's the one who personally signed the ink with these lads, (also make sure one has some dynamic/great hair, never hurts with the commercial tie-ins). Then he either sinks or swims. I can hear the sound of your asshole tightening John but it's ok, Linda will wait for a new nose and you can make back half the outlay almost instantly in global shirt sales. It's football John. You either roll with the big boys and adapt and survive or you become like Randy and you and the rest of us get to enjoy a nice Aston Villa shit bath in a pit of fetid obscurity

Happy Christmas John.

• Upvote 3

Liverpool are prepared to make a £50m bid in January for Real Madrid's French forward Karim Benzema, 26. (Daily Express)

Tottenham and Liverpool are both keen to sign Porto's 28-year-old forward Jackson Martinez in the January transfer window.(Metro)

The Reds are also interested in Aston Villa midfielder Fabian Delph and see the 25-year-old as a long-term replacement for Steven Gerrard, 34. (Daily Mirror)

Liverpool are prepared to make a £50m bid in January for Real Madrid's French forward Karim Benzema, 26. (Daily Express)

Tottenham and Liverpool are both keen to sign Porto's 28-year-old forward Jackson Martinez in the January transfer window.(Metro)

The Reds are also interested in Aston Villa midfielder Fabian Delph and see the 25-year-old as a long-term replacement for Steven Gerrard, 34. (Daily Mirror)

Stop it you're making my pants hard.

The clubs being investigated for breach of the fair play rules.  How the fuck are we going spend that sort of money in January after Rodgers set fire to the summer budget?

I'm not here for logic and reason Grinch. I am the voice of what we need. 

We'll send Ayre to Porto for the entire January window to agree a deal and he'll try and get them down to £10m when they've said all along they'll only accept Martinez's release clause (£28m).

Then last minute we'll sign Fabian Delph because he'll be on a bosman in the summer for about £15m, watching Aston Villa sign Dembele for £5m who will be an instant upgrade and make us look like fools. Again.

• Upvote 2

We'll send Ayre to Porto for the entire January window to agree a deal and he'll try and get them down to £10m when they've said all along they'll only accept Martinez's release clause (£28m).

Then last minute we'll sign Fabian Delph because he'll be on a bosman in the summer for about £15m, watching Aston Villa sign Dembele for £5m who will be an instant upgrade and make us look like fools. Again.

That actually sounds frighteningly like what happens to us usually.

In all seriousness though, we should just see who blinks first with FIFA over FFP. They've shown no willingness to enforce properly so far. Been all token fines for major clubs. If FSG have money to spend and they are willing they should just fucking do it. 

• Upvote 1