You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer Window 2015

RobbieOR

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Martin Odegaard has decided to join Bayern. One more talent lost.

This is what the narrative will be now. From 'fucking FSG not willing to spend on anything else, we don't need 15 year olds' to 'we're missing out on top talent'.

Let the boy follow his heart/mind, whatever. Our pressing need is not a 15-year old anyway. What we need the most right now is a striker who can score goals. We have enough emerging talent; our problem is not the dearth of young talent but rather holding on to what we have in our hands. Deal with the Sterling contract swiftly and bring back Ibe, not to mention the others in the reserve, and we should be fine.

This is what the narrative will be now. From 'fucking FSG not willing to spend on anything else, we don't need 15 year olds' to 'we're missing out on top talent'.

Aye, only one in 20 of these little gobshites turns out to be any good anyway, I had my lifetime's fill of new Zidanes and Thurams under Houllier.

They're all much Adu about nothing.

• Upvote 2

Problem is the talent we've been signing for the past year are talents which are frankly, only talent in the eyes of our scouts. We don't see teams like Madrid and Bayern trying hard to sign any of the players we've signed. Out of the current team, only Sterling has been linked with any of the top clubs. I'm actually surprised to see Odegaard have so many offers. Is he really that good?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Problem is the talent we've been signing for the past year are talents which are frankly, only talent in the eyes of our scouts. We don't see teams like Madrid and Bayern trying hard to sign any of the players we've signed. Out of the current team, only Sterling has been linked with any of the top clubs. I'm actually surprised to see Odegaard have so many offers. Is he really that good?

Not a clue. I mean, how many here have actually followed his long, five minute career? I watched a youtube video of his career. It was about 7 minutes long, 6 minutes of that way people saying how good he was. He might me incredible. Or not. I hope not if he goes to Bayern.

Whilst there are some very good knowledgeable Norwegian posters on here present and past. Norway is not exactly a footballing nirvana. When was the last time they produced a World Class player of any significance. A bit like managers from Northern Ireland... Surely more likely to be Freddy Adu than next world class talent.

• Downvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Whilst there are some very good knowledgeable Norwegian posters on here present and past. Norway is not exactly a footballing nirvana. When was the last time they produced a World Class player of any significance. A bit like managers from Northern Ireland... Surely more likely to be Freddy Adu than next world class talent.

Yeah, alright Frod.

Without an 'e'.

Not a clue. I mean, how many here have actually followed his long, five minute career? I watched a youtube video of his career. It was about 7 minutes long, 6 minutes of that way people saying how good he was. He might me incredible. Or not. I hope not if he goes to Bayern.

Certainly not me. I've not watched any Norwegian games to be honest. I don't even know what position he plays, except that the top clubs are all salivating over the prospect of signing him.

I'll still be lamenting if he turns out to be the next Zidane/Messi though.

Last time I heard Bayern buying a superkid it was that kid from Tranmere who is now at Barnsley. Also how the fuck did Alan McINally end up there, was it like Graveson, mistaken identity or something. Even that shit American with the odd fod played there, Landan Donovan. They should just stick to German youth players and buying Dortmund players and players Guardiola likes such as Xabi, Reina and Martinez and Alcantra, and Bernat. 

Normally, any club in Liverpool's position would look to sign Peter Cech.

But the former woman and mr potato, are hiding their disturbingly disgusting figures behind Rodgers' incompetence. "He is too old, he is too expensive, moneyballs..."

Fucking disgusting cunts, every transfer window, every day they some how manage to disgust me even more.

• Upvote 4

I can't agree with your comment about talent only in the eyes of our scouts.

Manquillo was staring for the spainish u21s a few years ago, Moreno was playing top level football in a team that won the Europa league, Can was one of bayerns most promising youngsters and played top level football with a cl club last season.

Markovic has won a couple of leagues and is only barely into his 20s, Balotelli has been recognised as a big talent since his teens, origi the same and the 3 from Southampton would have been labeled prem proven by a lot of football people last season.

We done well getting top young talent last summer they have just come in to a team playing dog shit and it hasn't been easy for them to bed in in this situation.

I can't agree with your comment about talent only in the eyes of our scouts.

Manquillo was staring for the spainish u21s a few years ago, Moreno was playing top level football in a team that won the Europa league, Can was one of bayerns most promising youngsters and played top level football with a cl club last season.

Markovic has won a couple of leagues and is only barely into his 20s, Balotelli has been recognised as a big talent since his teens, origi the same and the 3 from Southampton would have been labeled prem proven by a lot of football people last season.

We done well getting top young talent last summer they have just come in to a team playing dog shit and it hasn't been easy for them to bed in in this situation.

And therefore need to buy a player with a bit of experience like Cech.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And therefore need to buy a player with a bit of experience like Cech.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A loan would be a good move, if we finally were going to pay the big fee and wages for a top experienced player it should not be cech.

Hes past his best, we wouldn't get many years or money back for him and he was looking very shaky when chelseas defence was suspect under managers like avb.