You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Whistleblower exposes MMR Autism link

Arl arse

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

23) Compulsory vaccines are wrong.

It is legal and it is constitutional. You just don't like it. That makes it neither wrong nor illegal.

It's currently unknown. Our consensus understanding doesn't make it right and he doesn't have the knowledge to declare it's right. Legal doesn't = right. US courts definition of how the consitution applies to a 2019 vaccine schedule and all the vaccines it contains isn't flawless just because he says so. There could still turn out to be currently unknown problems with the increasing amount of vaccinations required, and history could still prove this to have been at least partly wrong, because of the possibility of currently undetected problems with the current vaccines and schedule.

This doesn't mean that I support kids being exposed to disease, it means that I don't have a 100% faith that this process is without errors so I don't think it has to be right. I'm unsure. This still doesn't mean that compulsory vaccines in the way they're currently done are right though. So I don't like it, and it doesn't mean that it's right just because he says it's neither wrong nor illegal.

I'd like to hope for the sake of the kids having vaccines that this guy is 99% right, he's too arrogant though (red flag for me that he's so willing to ridicule.) because we don't currently know enough about how the increasingly large amount of vaccines could affect kids. We also don't know if there's more subtle damage being done to people that our science will detect later in time when we (hopefully) understand a lot more about this.

Millions could have been affected by currently undetected subtle physical and/or mental problems that science still won't understand for years, decades, who knows how long.

Similarly, if you start with "I'm not anti-vaccine, but . . .", there is at least a 99.9974% chance (I calculated it) that yes, you are anti-vaccine.

Wrong. I'm not anti-vaccine, but...I don't think we understand how Human biology interacts with all of these vaccines currently given out, and hope that we do in the future. This could make any currently undetected more subtle problems caused over time to be reduced or eliminated.

That does not mean I'd be willing to risk kids not having vaccines because of that, it doesn't make me anti-vaccine. I just think how it's carried out could be improved. Most of the modern world is affected by corruption, I don't think this process will be flawless all the way through, given how complicated it is.

It's not as black and white as he makes out, and that makes him divisive, arrogant and condescending, even if he is (as I hope) 99% right. You can't just shut out criticism by ridicule, that just promotes ignorance. Science over time will judge how safe these vaccines and this schedule is, not any current argument.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

12 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Science over time has already conclusively judged that vaccines are safe, diseases are dangerous and bullshit kills.

Our current and past scientific understanding has, I'm not so sure about our future understanding. That's basically what I'm saying. My post was more drawn out than I'd have liked, but maybe that's because I know how important and sensitive this subject is so tried to explain what I meant in more detail, and that guy wound me up with the way he ridicules which didn't help.

I'm not anti-vaccine and I should be free to say but...then explain further without people like him being idiotic. We're Human beings and we have a limited understanding, our science progresses and improves over time and we discard things that no longer work as well for better things, this will be one of those areas too I'd guess.

If he was ridiculing and I thought everything was fine I'd not care, but I don't think it's as free of problems as he makes out.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Our current and past scientific understanding has, I'm not so sure about our future understanding. That's basically what I'm saying. My post was more drawn out than I'd have liked, but maybe that's because I know how important and sensitive this subject is so tried to explain what I meant in more detail, and that guy wound me up with the way he ridicules which didn't help.

I'm not anti-vaccine and I should be free to say but...then explain further without people like him being idiotic. We're Human beings and we have a limited understanding, our science progresses and improves over time and we discard things that no longer work as well for better things, this will be one of those areas too I'd guess.

If he was ridiculing and I thought everything was fine I'd not care, but I don't think it's as free of problems as he makes out.

Word salad. 

8 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Word salad. 

Our scientific understanding of the Human body, biology, biochemistry and general chemistry is constantly evolving. The mixture of vaccines kids are given might have negative effects that will only be known later on.

Our future science will teach us this, not what we currently know as a general population.

It would be crazy levels of fluke if we've somehow managed to find the best mixture of vaccines and the best schedule for them to be given, that will never be changed or improved upon because future methods become safer.

It does not mean I oppose vaccines.

There's nothing wrong with salad as long as it has some salad cream or mayo on it.

• Upvote 1

I’m still struggling understand what you are saying - here’s what I think it is;

- you acknowledge vaccines are an unmitigated success and have saved millions of lives

- you acknowledge there is no evidence they are  dangerous

- you are worried there may be an unspecified impact, in an unspecified time

- you are also worried this unspecified impact, in an unspecified time may outweigh the acknowledged millions (or billions by then) of lives saved

3 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I’m still struggling understand what you are saying - here’s what I think it is;

- you acknowledge vaccines are an unmitigated success and have saved millions of lives

- you acknowledge there is no evidence they are  dangerous

- you are worried there may be an unspecified impact, in an unspecified time

- you are also worried this unspecified impact, in an unspecified time may outweigh the acknowledged millions (or billions by then) of lives saved

1 and 3 in the list mainly.

27 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

So it’s an unfounded fear, with no evidence? Weird. 

Yes it's weird, no I don't care, no I'm not crusading against vaccines. Doesn't mean I can't share my views on that guy being a bit of a dick in your link over the course of his megapost and also about vaccines in general.

To be honest the main thing is something I read about from a scientist about GMO's, and this is not to compare vaccines to GMO's.

I repeat : I am not comparing vaccines to GMO's! That's a well known way of starting ridicule and I know that.

But he did talk about how there's so much that we don't know about our own Human biochemistry and that there's so many different things going on that it's just crazy basically to think that we understand how GMO's interact with the body to the point where we can dismiss any long term issues. I think something similar could apply to vaccines in some ways (more chemical interactions than genetic issues), and maybe several areas of medicine, like various meds and so on. Maybe even some more basic things like our current understanding of nutrition too.

The body is an insanely complex thing when you look into biochemistry even a little, and like I said I think it'd be a total fluke if what we do now (in several areas of biology and medicine) is proven over time to be the best way of doing it.

So it's not purely unfounded imo. If you don't have any evidence from me right now though you can still say my fears are totally unfounded, so I can't win really. That's fine, not after winning anything, I'd have to be psychic and know our future science to even have a chance at that, so I can't really argue this out.

You could sum it up as a fear of mine and call me a fearmonger, not bothered really. And call this another word salad or whatever.

If this is on the same page I'll try not to drag this out much further, don't see the point. To argue it with my limited knowledge on the subject would be wrong, was just giving my own opinion.

Was just checking back on something (mercury) and docbastard from your link rico, says :

This all ignores the fact that ethylmercury was removed from all childhood vaccines in 2001. I will address this point further later.

I'm not sure if he did get back to the point later and that post is fucking huge, so I might have missed it. Anyway, it hasn't been removed from all childhood vaccines from what I can tell. I think it has from most, but some still contain it.

CDC lists several vaccines here, most or all of which can contain thimerosal, which contains ethylmercury (page says : Adopted and Effective: February 21, 2018) : https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/vfc/downloads/resolutions/flu-02-18-1.pdf

Here's an FDA page which mentions thimerosal in one of those listed vaccines, Fluvirin (page says 2017-18 formula, and you can go to section 11 - description to see it) : https://www.fda.gov/downloads/biologicsbloodvaccines/vaccines/approvedproducts/ucm123694.pdf

And here's a well respected Doctor pointing out how it should be removed from all vaccines, just to be on the safe side : https://drhyman.com/blog/2014/07/18/thimerosal-let-science-speak/

I could easily have got something wrong here, if so I'm sure you'll let me know. This isn't a gotcha type post and I'm sure most of the rest of what he says is right, just saying he might have that bit wrong.

Also : I'm still not anti-vaccine, just incase you or anyone else were wondering.

Yeah he should be known as a shit doctor instead because we should be fine with carrying on putting mercury in vaccines when there's alternatives.

3 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

I had a look at the "well respected doctor" link.

I thought MDs would have a basic grasp on chemistry but apparently I was wrong.

Well what did he say that was wrong then? Surely you can answer a simple question?

He can't be respected because he dares to even question vaccines with mercury in them. Even though he says :

I am aggressively pro-vaccine. I am a father and family physician. I have vaccinated my children. I have been vaccinated and recommend vaccination to my patients.

Not good enough, he questioned something related to vaccines.

Jill Stein questioned how vaccines are managed too, she spent a fair amount of time fighting the anti-vaxx bullshit as well.

It's like a fucking cult. Blindly accepting the way it works with the dodgy actors involved in it is antiscientific too. But nope, nothing will work. You either carry on accepting it or you're "aNtI-VaXx." Fuck that bullshit.

It is like GMO's in a way. Anyone that questions anything in a significant way has a horde circling.

I'm still not anti-vaxx too, sorry.

46 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Yeah he should be known as a shit doctor instead because we should be fine with carrying on putting mercury in vaccines when there's alternatives.

Well what did he say that was wrong then? Surely you can answer a simple question?

He can't be respected because he dares to even question vaccines with mercury in them. Even though he says :

Not good enough, he questioned something related to vaccines.

Jill Stein questioned how vaccines are managed too, she spent a fair amount of time fighting the anti-vaxx bullshit as well.

It's like a fucking cult. Blindly accepting the way it works with the dodgy actors involved in it is antiscientific too. But nope, nothing will work. You either carry on accepting it or you're "aNtI-VaXx." Fuck that bullshit.

It is like GMO's in a way. Anyone that questions anything in a significant way has a horde circling.

I'm still not anti-vaxx too, sorry.

Didnt he say no mercury was used as its a different compound? And the levels of that compound are being metabolised at higher levels while you are reading the article? Add to that the remarkable coincidence that diseases have almost been wiped out at exactly the same time as the emergence of vaccines and its simply too hard to argue sensibly against it.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Didnt he say no mercury was used as its a different compound? And the levels of that compound are being metabolised at higher levels while you are reading the article? Add to that the remarkable coincidence that diseases have almost been wiped out at exactly the same time as the emergence of vaccines and its simply too hard to argue sensibly against it.

Well he questioned the use of ethylmercury then. And I'm not arguing against vaccines! What drives me mad on this subject is the lack of questioning what's going on.

I think most of us know that if we really dug around on this subject we'd find all types of vile and dodgy shit going on. Maybe we'd be collectively outraged. But there's always the fear that saying too much could lead to people questioning vaccines to the point of maybe not getting their kids vaccinated and so on.

If that's right, how is this a healthy environment? It's not really, it's a toxic one. And I share the same fear.

That's why I fucking loathe this subject.

I'm going to start a cult off, called the pro-vaxx questioners. We're going to demonstrate near parliament regularly and we're going to have eggs ready for Ukip rallies nearby.

Then once the media smear us as anti-vaxx, we'll go underground.