You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Whistleblower exposes MMR Autism link

Arl arse

27 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

More good news about the protection offered by widespread vaccination. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-47803975

Edit - Clockspeed is faster than Angryspeed!

Religious and right wing opposition to it in many countries because they fear it will promote promiscuity. Fucking stone age mentality

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 31/03/2019 at 01:07, Red Phoenix said:

It's currently unknown. Our consensus understanding doesn't make it right and he doesn't have the knowledge to declare it's right. Legal doesn't = right. US courts definition of how the consitution applies to a 2019 vaccine schedule and all the vaccines it contains isn't flawless just because he says so. There could still turn out to be currently unknown problems with the increasing amount of vaccinations required, and history could still prove this to have been at least partly wrong, because of the possibility of currently undetected problems with the current vaccines and schedule.

This doesn't mean that I support kids being exposed to disease, it means that I don't have a 100% faith that this process is without errors so I don't think it has to be right. I'm unsure. This still doesn't mean that compulsory vaccines in the way they're currently done are right though. So I don't like it, and it doesn't mean that it's right just because he says it's neither wrong nor illegal.

I'd like to hope for the sake of the kids having vaccines that this guy is 99% right, he's too arrogant though (red flag for me that he's so willing to ridicule.) because we don't currently know enough about how the increasingly large amount of vaccines could affect kids. We also don't know if there's more subtle damage being done to people that our science will detect later in time when we (hopefully) understand a lot more about this.

Millions could have been affected by currently undetected subtle physical and/or mental problems that science still won't understand for years, decades, who knows how long.

Wrong. I'm not anti-vaccine, but...I don't think we understand how Human biology interacts with all of these vaccines currently given out, and hope that we do in the future. This could make any currently undetected more subtle problems caused over time to be reduced or eliminated.

That does not mean I'd be willing to risk kids not having vaccines because of that, it doesn't make me anti-vaccine. I just think how it's carried out could be improved. Most of the modern world is affected by corruption, I don't think this process will be flawless all the way through, given how complicated it is.

It's not as black and white as he makes out, and that makes him divisive, arrogant and condescending, even if he is (as I hope) 99% right. You can't just shut out criticism by ridicule, that just promotes ignorance. Science over time will judge how safe these vaccines and this schedule is, not any current argument.

what will come from personalised medicine will be a better understanding of delivery, dosage and suitability.

Vaccine's are unlikely to be discarded in the next 50 - 100 years unless they are made useless due to overuse or the human race ceases to be in any great number.

The tamoxiflu purchase was done to assuage public outcry, and was the result of politicking rather than medics.

Do some research on genomics, it's about working out what works best for the individual, this will continue to include vaccination of one kind or another far into the future, it has been happening since long before the cowpox was used as a treatment, and by different cultures around the world.

• Upvote 1

Not sure, 'woke' to me are the ultra PC , identity politics obsessed crowd. Anti-vaxers are the 'spiritual ' conspiracy theorists, they'd have been called hippies in the '70s. Maybe there's a crossover between the two sets, giving dickheads squared. 

On 02/04/2019 at 09:14, VladimirIlyich said:

Big pharma still overwhelmingly produce medications that both lengthen and improve people's lives. How it's prescribed and the prices its sold for are generally the big problems. Not vaccinating on hearsay and gossip is beyond stupidity and not just dangerous to their own kids but many others too.

The major problem with big pharma is their failure to report on all testing.

i highly recommend dr goldacres excellent books on the subject, bad pharma.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, arthur friedenreich said:

Bad science was good, bad pharma came after and was a bit more in depth, and more closely focussed on why reporting is so important.

He’s a fantastic follow on Twitter.  Loads of brilliant links and debunking of populist ‘science’. 

Obviously twitter, like podcasts, is bad. So make your own mind up.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

He’s a fantastic follow on Twitter.  Loads of brilliant links and debunking of populist ‘science’. 

He’s good live as well, taken my missus to a couple of nerdy science talks and she liked his. Mad aspie, super intelligent and a good communicator.

5 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Oh, you. Oh, yoooouuuuuu. Twitter and podcasts aren’t bad, silly. Basing all your opinions on random Twitter dribble and relentlessly parroting podcasts is what’s bad.