You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Whistleblower exposes MMR Autism link

Arl arse

Boring. Please reject your Enlightenment era confusion of Social Darwinism with actual science and read something modern as well as some anti-imperialist critique.

Boring.  Please read what I actually wrote, as opposed to what you already decided to argue against.

I have 3 kids and dozens of nieces and nephews and extended family. Nobody i know had any problems from vaccinations among this group. I am sure this is repeated among millions of the population. There comes a time when as a sceptic you have to decide if you want to risk them contacting a horrifying disease and dying a painful death when a 10 second injection will eliminate this. Back in the day I am sure these same arguments existed regarding the smallpox vaccine during an epidemic.

• Upvote 2

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Not that I've any love for 'Big Pharma', but that website really can't be relied upon

From Wikipedia.

NewsPunch is a Los Angeles-based fake news website that frequently spreads conspiracy theories and political misinformation mixed in with real news stories.[1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8] Originally named Your News Wire,[3][9][10] it was founded in 2014 by Sean Adl-Tabatabai and Sinclair Treadway.[1][4][11] In November 2018, it rebranded itself as NewsPunch, and began redirecting yournewswire.com traffic to newspunch.com.[9]

A 2017 Buzzfeed News report identified NewsPunch as being the second-largest source of popular fake stories spread on Facebook that year,[4] and a June 2018 Poynter analysis identified NewsPunch as being debunked over 80 times in 2017 & 2018 by Poynter-accredited factcheckers such as Snopes, FactCheck.org, PolitiFact, and the Associated Press.[5]

The European Union's East StratCom Task Force has criticized NewsPunch for spreading Russian propaganda, a charge Adl-Tabatabai denies.[1]

Regular contributors to NewsPunch include Adl-Tabatabai, a former BBC and MTV employee from London previously employed by professional conspiracy theorist David Icke, Adl-Tabatabai's mother Carol Adl, an alternative health practitioner, and Baxter Dmitry, who had previously been posing as an unrelated Latvian man using a stolen profile photo

4 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Not that I've any love for 'Big Pharma', but that website really can't be relied upon

From Wikipedia.

Its been well reported how modern medical funding is very rarely proof read and corroborated or independently funded. Its not the first report of its type that I've read either.

12 minutes ago, Mudface said:

From Wikipedia.

Oh I agree. It isn't the site I trust as they are whacky cunts, but it's the fact that is is from Dr. Rost that is more concerning. He has a long career in big Pharma which leads weight to his claims. He was ostracized by a company he worked for because he wouldn't support what he termed unethical methods of pushing products. See also wikipedia.

I've recently had my son vaccinated. It's essential with the come back of Measles, Mumps etc. In saying that he had a high temp of 39 for nearly 2 days after it and was really lethargic which was frightening. I trust vaccines. But I also pay attention to whistleblowers.

The problem with science today (I'm a researcher at Liverpool Uni) is that everything has to have an angle, be that positive or negative, because grants and publications are all that matters, content not so much. No publicatons = no funding, and as University positions become more and more dependent on how much external money you can bring in, it is no surprise to me that many scientists put more spin on their results than an Alistair Campbell press release.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jenson said:

The problem with science today (I'm a researcher at Liverpool Uni) is that everything has to have an angle, be that positive or negative, because grants and publications are all that matters, content not so much. No publicatons = no funding, and as University positions become more and more dependent on how much external money you can bring in, it is no surprise to me that many scientists put more spin on their results than an Alistair Campbell press release.

Yeah, I remember talking to my zoology-studying neighbour about this. You have to produce something NEW and DIFFERENT and SHOCKING or you are a failure and can forget about the next tranche of funding. Imagine asking Nasa to repay the money for the Voyager programmes because they didn't find any signs of life on Neptune, yet I have no doubt the philistines in charge these days would take that attitude. Let's give another tax break to Amazon instead.

3 hours ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Oh I agree. It isn't the site I trust as they are whacky cunts, but it's the fact that is is from Dr. Rost that is more concerning. He has a long career in big Pharma which leads weight to his claims. He was ostracized by a company he worked for because he wouldn't support what he termed unethical methods of pushing products. See also wikipedia.

I've recently had my son vaccinated. It's essential with the come back of Measles, Mumps etc. In saying that he had a high temp of 39 for nearly 2 days after it and was really lethargic which was frightening. I trust vaccines. But I also pay attention to whistleblowers.

Thete is a difference between a whistle-blower and a crank. There are 70 kids in the Phillipines now dead from measles and fuck knows how many ill thanks to these criminally incompetent cunts.

Lethargy and high temperature are a consequence of the production of antibodies and not alarming.

31 minutes ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Thete is a difference between a whistle-blower and a crank. There are 70 kids in the Phillipines now dead from measles and fuck knows how many ill thanks to these criminally incompetent cunts.

Lethargy and high temperature are a consequence of the production of antibodies and not alarming.

There are people prostituting themselves for the Ebola vaccine, should send the daft cunts there and see if they change their minds.