You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Islamic Positive Thread

Anny Road

Its not really a contrast, hes saying fascists are bad, gay marriage is fine. I dont think anyone disagrees.

I might as well contrast isis's members beard maintenance to how roads in america are deployed in a grid system and how this reveals that beards arent as useful for getting from a to b as a road and this reveals isis to be poorer town planners.

I mean all fascists have certain values, thats what defines them, this is comparing a state action to a loose group of people, ones a country another is some blokes, i could compare new zealands marriage policies to the columbine massacre and say how new zealands marriage policy shows its values over the columbine killers and try to look intelligent like sd without saying anything of any consequence.

You appear to be coherent, better reach for the crack pipi

Guest Super Sub

Anything Christians can do, Muslims can do better.

Christian terrorist commits mass murder in a church in Charleston. A week later a Muslim terrorist commits mass murder in a mosque in Kuwait City.

This world is fucking shit at times.

Where would we be in this country without the Muslims who own newsagents that are open from early in the morning to late at night or even the 24 hour off licences , and let's not forget the kebab and pizza takeaways. The country would indeed be a much poorer place without them

Id already be wearing an upturned bowl of spaggetti and have bovril stains on my t shirt so soup cannot defeat me I dont fear it as it hath no croutons due to your lack of class I expect passers by would restrain you until the police arrived i wouldnt press charges as long as you agreed to clean the soup out of my spaggetti make up with a barmcake thats been smeared with the large 2litre tub of stork you carry under your arm i think this could be resolved by margerine means and perhaps a tin of replacement spaggetti as a good will gesture, with the lid off, sorry i didnt bring a tin opener with me no, I didnt think id need a 2nd tin one poured over my head so i can face the world is normally sufficient how was i to know you would accost me in the street with batchelors chunky or whatever.

Id already be wearing an upturned bowl of spaggetti and have bovril stains on my t shirt so soup cannot defeat me I dont fear it as it hath no croutons due to your lack of class I expect passers by would restrain you until the police arrived i wouldnt press charges as long as you agreed to clean the soup out of my spaggetti make up with a barmcake thats been smeared with the large 2litre tub of stork you carry under your arm i think this could be resolved by margerine means and perhaps a tin of replacement spaggetti as a good will gesture, with the lid off, sorry i didnt bring a tin opener with me no, I didnt think id need a 2nd tin one poured over my head so i can face the world is normally sufficient how was i to know you would accost me in the street with batchelors chunky or whatever.

Sorry mate missed your main point?

Anything Christians can do, Muslims can do better.

Christian terrorist commits mass murder in a church in Charleston.  A week later a Muslim terrorist commits mass murder in a mosque in Kuwait City.

This world is fucking shit at times.

The Christian didn't do it in the name of Christianity, he did it because he's racist.

Nobody casually dismisses anything.

There is such a thing as international law.

Murdering civilian people on a beach with automatic weapons is unambiguously illegal. Limited targeted killings of terrorists who are planning such acts of terror against civilians exists in something more of a legal grey area.

The law is irrelevant to my morality, maybe you should stop leaning on it like a crutch.

It also is totally superfluous to your issue about how terrible it is that innocent people get killed for mundane things.

Who is this "us" whose values are so superior?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Nobody casually dismisses anything.

There is such a thing as international law.

Murdering civilian people on a beach with automatic weapons is unambiguously illegal.

Well, I'll remind you of that next time we talk about Israel. 

So basically you're admitting to being a gay Islamist terrorist then?

According to CNN (so it must be true) ISIS had a presence at London's Pride march.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/06/27/cnn-spots-isis-flag-at-london-pride_n_7679244.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

CNN - The news channel that can't distinguish Arabic script from pictures of dildoes and butt-plugs.

• Upvote 1

No human being is advised to go for more than 24 hours without water, especially in an area like Gaza where summer temperatures regularly climb above 30C. But during the 50-day conflict with Israel that erupted a year ago this week, to seek water was to risk death.

That was what killed Doha’s parents. They went out at night at the height of Israel’s aerial bombardment. “It was dangerous on the streets,” said the shy 17-year-old, “but they had to make the journey so that we had some water to drink. They were very near our house when the bomb hit them. They were both killed in a huge blast.”

Between 8 July 2014, when Israel launched Operation Protective Edge against militants in Gaza, and 26 August, when it declared a ceasefire, more than 2,200 Palestinians – most of them civilians, including 551 children, according to the UN – were killed. The toll on the Israeli side was 73, six of them civilians, including one child. Some 11,000 Palestinians were wounded and 500,000 displaced.

A year on, much of Gaza remains in ruins but nowhere is the destruction worse than around Rafah. There are whole streets where nothing moves except the Palestinian flags fluttering among the heaps of rubble. During the conflict more than 12,600 houses in Gaza were destroyed and another 6,400 rendered uninhabitable. One of them belonged to Doha’s family. Now the schoolgirl lives in a single room of a relative’s house with her brother Mohammed, 10, and a disabled woman who Doha looks after. “Life here is desperate,” she said. “We have lost our parents and our house. We have very little.”

One thing Doha and Mohammed do now have is clean water. The Catholic aid agency, Cafod, supports the work of the charity Islamic Relief in the region and has funded it to install a water filter in the home. “There was a time before the filter that we didn’t have clean water for five days,” she said.

On top of all the other miseries inflicted by the Israeli blockade on Gaza since 2007, water has declined in both quantity and quality. What supplies there are can be expensive or dirty. “The issue of water in Gaza is beyond what you can imagine,” said an Islamic Relief worker. “There is high salinity and it is full of nitrates.” But with a “reverse osmosis” filter fitted to the tap and connecting pipes, any water that a family can obtain can be purified for drinking and cooking.

Doha’s story is just one of many in which the inhabitants of Gaza faced the choice last summer between mortal danger and going without water. On many occasions Israel warned residents to stay indoors or to evacuate certain areas, after which anyone on the streets would be a legitimate target.

Maha 19, a neighbour of Doha, described how she and her sisters risked their lives to keep clean. They fled their home after a bomb destroyed the room in which her parents and eldest brother were eating a meal, killing all three. “We couldn’t see anything, it was dark,” said Maha. “Everyone was shouting and screaming. I thought, ‘We have to get out to the street’.” It was only when she slipped in her mother’s blood that she realised what had happened.

The eight remaining children of the family took refuge in a school but the facilities, especially for women, were bad to non-existent. “We would come back home to get clothes and to wash,” said Maha. “There was nothing else for it, our clothes were sticking to our skin. We used to come back home in small groups. We didn’t want to risk us all dying at once.”

After the ceasefire the children returned to their bomb-damaged home but the rust-filled water that came out of the taps was not safe to drink. “Sometimes we got sick from the water – diarrhoea and worms,” said Maha. “We had to pay for medication but often that didn’t cure it. The problem would go, only to come back.” On one occasion, lacking the money to buy bottled water, the family did not drink for two days. Life has improved since Islamic Relief installed a water filter and provided advice on good hygiene. “We don’t have to spend so much on water now,” said Maha.

If the sisters could have been safer by sacrificing washing during the conflict, for 36-year-old Foz Boyouk there was no choice. Her father needs kidney dialysis three times a week and he can only drink purified water. “We had to risk our lives during the fighting to ensure he got his treatment,” she said. “We had to go to the hospital. There was no help from ambulances – it was too dangerous for them. If you were injured, you died.” Two neighbours were killed, one as he was going to the local mosque, the other when he went to tend his fields.

Mrs Boyouk lives with her disabled parents and her family in Mawassi, a hard-to-reach area on Gaza’s southern coast. Thanks to a mobile clinic set up by Caritas Jerusalem, part of the Cafod network, her mother gets help for her diabetes and she herself has been diagnosed with hypertension. Without the clinic, she says, “we would have so many problems”. But she adds: “Yesterday we sold some of our things to buy water.”

The mobile clinic also helps Yousef Hussain N’ajjar, 46. He is blind and had to be told by neighbours that nothing remained of his house when he sought to return after the ceasefire. He now lives near his old home, west of Khan Younis, but in a changed landscape.

A displaced-persons’ camp has been set up near a destroyed mosque. The local water tower was also felled, adding to the wretchedness of the camp. A bitter twist is that the temporary dwellings – Mr N’ajjar shares his with his wife, Kamlaa, their four children and his mother – are often flooded, both in winter and during summer thunderstorms. “We couldn’t sleep, because we were throwing water out,” he said.

The harsh conditions exacerbate the medical problems suffered by many inhabitants of the camp. One 30-year-old was diagnosed three years ago with cancer in her breast, uterus and stomach. The nearest hospital is seven kilometres away, an hour by road in densely-populated Gaza, but few living in the camp can pay for transport. “I once went a week without treatment,” said Mr N’ajjar. “With the [mobile] clinic, life is better.”

A year since the bloodshed and destruction, Gaza has barely begun to rebuild and a political settlement to the conflict looks as distant as ever. It is even harder to say how long it will be before people can do such a simple thing as turn on a tap and expect clean water to come out.

alya.png?w=480&h=272&crop=1#038;h=394

Alia from Corry looking particularly resplendent of late, I'd like to attach my cock to an unmanned drone and send it after her as she flees through the Tora Bora mountain range.

The yanks would see her brown star splatter on spy satellite, and somewhere in the Indian Ocean an Admiral called chuck Spencer III aboard the USS Merrimac would knock back some black coffee, nod approvingly, and say 'that is A kill!'.

• Upvote 1

http://i100.independent.co.uk/article/muslim-charities-are-helping-to-raise-money-for-burned-black-churches-in-the-us--Zy2GDX1YGl

US Muslims raising money for the Southern churches burned by racists.

"We must always keep in mind that the Muslim community and the black community are not different communities.

We are profoundly integrated in many ways, in our overlapping identities and in our relationship to this great and complicated country."

• Upvote 2

http://i100.independent.co.uk/article/muslim-charities-are-helping-to-raise-money-for-burned-black-churches-in-the-us--Zy2GDX1YGl

US Muslims raising money for the Southern churches burned by racists.

"We must always keep in mind that the Muslim community and the black community are not different communities.

We are profoundly integrated in many ways, in our overlapping identities and in our relationship to this great and complicated country."

They are united by the fact that anybody not white in the US is treated like shite on a shoe.
  • Upvote 1