You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Islamic Positive Thread

Anny Road

I'm not going to start arguing in the defence of Isis, they're head cases, you'll get no argument from me. But you said my comparison was simplistic and said the IRA was fighting an occupying force, and Isis would no doubt try and argue the same.

They might try but they wouldn't have much of an argument in any rational person's mind.

Disgusting story on the mail website about them feeding a mum her sons flesh when she went to ask them to free him.

fucking animals.

Fucking hell, I knew Dacre was a cunt, but that's harsh even for him.  Bet the lad was only a junior sub as well.

• Upvote 4

We'd be in bed with them in a flash if it was in our interest. That's the real sad thing.

We were certainly in bed with their pre-ISIS identity when the Syrian conflict erupted, despite the warnings the more moderate groups were providing. Of course, at that point our glorious leaders probably thought we were in control of the narrative and were busy mentally carving up Syria along economic lines. By the time we realised the moderates were right, and that there really was a monster under the bed that had also been funded by Saudi and Jordanian back channels, it was too late. Not too dissimilar to the warnings about Iraq. Those who do not learn from the mistakes of history and all that.

If you're asking me why they weren't quizzed then the answer is I don't know.  Why the fuck is that even relevant?  But what I am telling you is that if Catholics were quizzed then the answer would have been as I previously stated (we don't support them etc).

I don't think the two are comparable either and I think your analysis is overly simplistic. As bad as they were, the IRA didn't go around quoting the bible and trying to justify their acts as extreme interpretations of this book.  They were overwhelmingly Catholic but their role was primarily against occupying forces.  Of course there were sectarian acts committed, but their bread and butter was attacking British soldiers to try and achieve a full British withdrawal and they weren't after a "Catholic caliphate" or anything resembling it.  They wanted a united Ireland, but one encompasssing Protestants and whoever else wanted to be there.

Whereas ISIS...

Never been the vatican?

I skipped ten pages but I've tried to properly read all of this thread. It's supposed to be an Islamic Positive Thread, isn't it? Fuck that.

I have little positive to say about a religion that seems to rejoice in the subjugation of women, gays and non-believers. I've little positive to say about any religion for that matter. But hanging young gay guys from cranes and tank barrels, let alone stoning people to death is, to me, more than a little odd.

I can quite understand the expression of outrage at the way the "West" has behaved. That we still have people locked up in Guantanamo is something for which I am utterly ashamed. How dare we behave the way we have in the Middle East and beyond. So let me be clear, the UK's behaviour is disgraceful.

Nevertheless, people who feel the need to punctuate almost every other word with 'inshallah' or 'allahu akbar' can fuck right off.

I feel pretty damn negative towards anyone who chooses to identify themselves primarily by their religious belief. Stick your fucking religion up your fucking arse.

• Upvote 5

I have little positive to say about a religion that seems to rejoice in the subjugation of women, gays and non-believers. I've little positive to say about any religion for that matter. But hanging young gay guys from cranes and tank barrels, let alone stoning people to death is, to me, more than a little odd.

And only 60 odd years ago gay men were arrested and jailed if found guilty of being gay in this country. Not by any religious doctrine either.

• Upvote 1

We were certainly in bed with their pre-ISIS identity when the Syrian conflict erupted, despite the warnings the more moderate groups were providing. Of course, at that point our glorious leaders probably thought we were in control of the narrative and were busy mentally carving up Syria along economic lines. By the time we realised the moderates were right, and that there really was a monster under the bed that had also been funded by Saudi and Jordanian back channels, it was too late. Not too dissimilar to the warnings about Iraq. Those who do not learn from the mistakes of history and all that.

Its a funny narrative that explains away conscious decisions of our leaders as 'mistakes, errors of judgement' whereas official enemies are cunning, callous and meant the bad things to happen, our rationalisation is skewed to favour 'our leaders' subconsciously from the outset.

So the few thousand victims of the twin towers were brought about by the determinism of the acting enemy whilst we have 500,000 of our 'mistakes' lying dead in Iraq.

You guys never notice these things, maybe you should be aware our own blind spots, even when we think criticism criticises but also legitimises us by allowing a future 'we'll get it right next time' as if we ever had the right anyway. But dont be taken in by such propaganda, goosy goosey!

Brilliant piece once more from one of only a few real journalists left on the planet.

Secretly supplied and trained by Britain's SAS, many of the "rebels" would become ISIS, whose latest video offering shows the beheading of 21 Coptic Christian workers seized in Sirte, the city destroyed on their behalf by Nato bombers.

Ace and Isis, al queada, wonder what the next group we train, arm and supply will do to us.

Its almost as if having won the cold war somone above us decided they needed some new enemy and created it.

Iraq launched a counter attack against Isis yesterday with the help of an Iranian military advisor. What a bizarre world.

Depends whose side you think we are on, Ive maintained from day one ISIS is our man, doing our job and no one believed now its on the edge of the mainstream and documented how weve done it and what another great job,  to create isis out there and UKIP at home, ejaculation from above, anyone can see when the history channel repeats due to budget cuts.

Seriously is anyone stlll maintaining the premise they arent our men?

This is what the SAS and CIA do its not the heroe stuff you get on TV its some callous nefarious shit that puts the public at direct harm in order to get the rest of the sheep civis doing what they need to do, keep you head down and watch TV, consume, go back to bed, get to work.

I can see what attracts u to tha narrative tho.

Depends whose side you think we are on, Ive maintained from day one ISIS is our man, doing our job and no one believed now its on the edge of the mainstream and documented how weve done it and what another great job,  to create isis out there and UKIP at home, ejaculation from above, anyone can see when the history channel repeats due to budget cuts.

Seriously is anyone stlll maintaining the premise they arent our men?

This is what the SAS and CIA do its not the heroe stuff you get on TV its some callous nefarious shit that puts the public at direct harm in order to get the rest of the sheep civis doing what they need to do, keep you head down and watch TV, consume, go back to bed, get to work.

I can see what attracts u to tha narrative tho.

SAS? You sure? isn't it MI6.

In a literal application of the sharia law of an eye for an eye, an Iranian man convicted of blinding another man in an acid attack has been blinded in one eye, marking the first time Iran has carried out such a punishment. 

Although the convict was sentenced to lose sight in both eyes on Tuesday, the victim – who, under Iranian law, has the final say in the punishment – decided at the last minute to postpone the blinding of his right eye for six months. The attacker will be able to plead with the plaintiff to spare him from being blinded fully.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/05/eye-for-an-eye-iran-blinds-man-who-carried-out-acid-attack

• 2 weeks later...