You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Islamic Positive Thread

Anny Road

This made me laugh

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/06/15/ramadan-hours-shortened-u_n_7584596.html

Basically (cant be arsed copying the article) UK sunrise to sunset is too long in the summer and they cannot fast that long so want it shortened.

Fuck off.

God or whoever said Sunrise to Sunset. Get the fuck on with it. You cannot change the Koran.

While I sit in the sun with a bacon sarnie.

(Edit sorry SD you posted as I was typing. Not a time for laughs)

This made me laugh

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/06/15/ramadan-hours-shortened-u_n_7584596.html

Basically (cant be arsed copying the article) UK sunrise to sunset is too long in the summer and they cannot fast that long so want it shortened.

Fuck off.

God or whoever said Sunrise to Sunset. Get the fuck on with it. You cannot change the Koran.

While I sit in the sun with a bacon sarnie.

(Edit sorry SD you posted as I was typing. Not a time for laughs)

We've got a Muslim lad on our cricket team, he fasted and played last week. He's a big fucker too, 18 stone so it must be hard. The team we played had a couple of Muslims who apparently aren't so observant and they were gutted when they saw Billal and realised they'd have to pretend to be fasting whilst stuffing butties down their throats in the changing rooms.

I batted with him and he said he was too tired to run so just hit 6's.

• Upvote 2

My girlfriend's aunt and uncle are in Sousse at the moment, staying in a hotel near the beach. She isn't answering her mobile phone. I have a very worried girlfriend now.

Contact has been made, they are okay, they rarely go to the beach.

• Upvote 4

It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic. That life or death at the hands of a deranged terrorist can depend on such a mundane decision as to whether or not you spend the day at the beach. In the end, they were a full mile away from the location of the massacre.

And while Islamic fascists were murdering innocent people on holiday, the American Supreme Court was legalising gay marriage nationwide. Never has the contrast between our values and theirs been placed in starker contrast. Despite what certain forum sages may think.

Yeah, tell that to the people living under the constant hum of drones waiting for the next inferno from above. Where dying can depend on something as mundane as getting up in the morning.

You seen the reaction to that verdict in the US? Yeah, turns out their "values" aren't actually that universal.

I'll argue against religion all day long but this idea of "our" values is tosh. I'm more aligned to some socially aware Muslim lad in Egypt than half the population of the US.

• Upvote 6

I don't see any irony. Irrespective of the evil of their actions, the IRA were acting rationally towards a rational end. They weren't randomly murdering unbelievers in order to establish global theocracy.

Meanwhile, the nutters have murdered tourists in Tunisia today too.

"The nutters" = "Muslims"

All of them.

It's a scary place is Dogworld.

Yeah, tell that to the people living under the constant hum of drones waiting for the next inferno from above. Where dying can depend on something as mundane as getting up in the morning.

Newsflash: people die in war.

If the US was deliberately targeting civilians, then you would have a point.

You seen the reaction to that verdict in the US? Yeah, turns out their "values" aren't actually that universal.

I'll argue against religion all day long but this idea of "our" values is tosh. I'm more aligned to some socially aware Muslim lad in Egypt than half the population of the US.

The verdict was rooted in a constitutional amendment from 1868. Values.

It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic. That life or death at the hands of a deranged terrorist can depend on such a mundane decision as to whether or not you spend the day at the beach. In the end, they were a full mile away from the location of the massacre.

And while Islamic fascists were murdering innocent people on holiday, the American Supreme Court was legalising gay marriage nationwide. Never has the contrast between our values and theirs been placed in starker contrast. Despite what certain forum sages may think.

Ridiculous and dangerously thick.

Us = Good

Them = Bad

That's the Universal Truth.

You know the stuff that you post stays there, in writing, don't you?

If anyone's interested (a big if) they can just read back to see whether or not you just ascribed a terrorist atrocity to "them".

I didn't even write the word "them", let alone use it to refer to all Muslims.

Getting all too common for my liking. It's an intolerant, backward religion who thrive on a public who are generally too PC to say anything (see Rotherham).

BounceBrigade really is going all-out for the "Most Fuckwitted Post of the Year" crown.

Let's suppose for an instant that Islam is "intolerant and backward" - is it even more so than any other religion?  Are you really trying to convince us that the UK public - let alone, the media - are "too PC" to bad-mouth Muslims?  Have you never, ever heard anyone criticise Islam?  The Daily Express, the Star, The Daily Mail, The Scum - they never criticise or demonise Muslims, because they are all too PC?  And their readers are complicit in this conspiracy of silence?  Are there no heroic truth-tellers left, except yourself (and, maybe, Stronts)?

Do you really think that Islam had anything to do with what happened in Rotherham?  You think these cunts who were into grooming children with drink and drugs were devout Muslims?  You think that Islam promotes violence and rape?  Or maybe (just a thought) they acted like evil bastards because they were evil bastards. (See Yewtree and the Elm Guest House.)

• Upvote 1

Newsflash: people die in war.

If the US was deliberately targeting civilians, then you would have a point.

The verdict was rooted in a constitutional amendment from 1868. Values.

Once again totally misplaced condescension is your MO.

The US isn't at war with Pakistan. Nor does it have permission to drone bomb its people. Yet you just casually dismiss the fact that people have to live with the sound of death hovering above them.

As an aside, if you deem the war on terror to be global then, you know, people on a beach are on the battlefield too. That's one of the stupid things about declaring the whole globe as a battlefield to justify your war-crimes, it can bite you on the arse.

I'm sure that if your relatives had been accepted and signed off on collateral damage in a drone strike when they went to the beach you'd have taken it on the chin.

What the verdict is rooted in means nothing. The actual people do not hold those values.

Who is this mythical "us"?

Once again totally misplaced condescension is your MO.

The US isn't at war with Pakistan. Nor does it have permission to drone bomb its people. Yet you just casually dismiss the fact that people have to live with the sound of death hovering above them.

Nobody casually dismisses anything.

There is such a thing as international law.

Murdering civilian people on a beach with automatic weapons is unambiguously illegal. Limited targeted killings of terrorists who are planning such acts of terror against civilians exists in something more of a legal grey area.

• Downvote 1

Islamic fascists funded by the CIA and our allies saudi arabia turkey and quatar.

Anyway you condone the IDF murdering palestinian fishermen and children playing footy on the beach or cutting off water and electricity of whole villages in the west bank and gaza. But yeah gay rights laws are the only moral measure not say child executions, and today, not yesterday, forget yesterday today is what counts,, i mean anyone else using logic would wonder why its taken until 2015 for the richest nation on earth to allow gay marriage but you hold it up as a sign of advancement, for the past hundred years its been easier to marry your cat in the usa than marrying a human of the same sex.

Nobody casually dismisses anything.

There is such a thing as international law.

Murdering civilian people on a beach with automatic weapons is unambiguously illegal. Limited targeted killings of terrorists who are planning such acts of terror against civilians exists in something more of a legal grey area.

Murdering civilians is murder mate nothing to do with international law, whether its on a beach, or elsewhere.

A state murdering people without even convicting them of any crime, on another sovereign land that is is not at war with, is dealt with under international law however quite categorically, its called state sponsored terrorism.

Its not really a contrast, hes saying fascists are bad, gay marriage is fine. I dont think anyone disagrees.

I might as well contrast isis's members beard maintenance to how roads in america are deployed in a grid system and how this reveals that beards arent as useful for getting from a to b as a road and this reveals isis to be poorer town planners.

I mean all fascists have certain values, thats what defines them, this is comparing a state action to a loose group of people, ones a country another is some blokes, i could compare new zealands marriage policies to the columbine massacre and say how new zealands marriage policy shows its values over the columbine killers and try to look intelligent like sd without saying anything of any consequence.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1