You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Beer or Cider?

Sugar Ape

Beer or Cider  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Beer or Cider

• Beer
    • Cider
    • I'm coming on the thread to say Real Ale or spirits to be a smartarse

This topic could tear the GF apart but there is only one winner for me and it's beer. By a long shot. Quality beer like La Trappe or Delirium pisses all over anything Cider can offer, in my humble opinion.

More proof required? Look at this. Mmmmm. Beer.

article-2247002-167B35DA000005DC-627_468

47712f65e75fac4dbfe9a91eeb4a56ac.gif

Cider drinkers though?

wurzels_1603475c.jpg

Teenage-girls-smoking-and-007.jpg

Lean more towards cider in the summer but mostly a nice pint of lager. 

I actually prefer Guinness to both but trying to lose weight so for some reason have curved the Guinness a bit. I'm going to stop for a pint when I get off the train after work now. 

I actually prefer Guinness to both but trying to lose weight so for some reason have curved the Guinness a bit. I'm going to stop for a pint when I get off the train after work now.

You'll need one after getting worked up by the cunts on the train.

Also, Guinness is less fatty isn't it?

How much is scoop down your end now Stig,it's a few years since I was down there.

How much is scoop down your end now Stig,it's a few years since I was down there.

About 4:40 for a pint of Peroni in the pub by ours mate. 

No doubles bar either so 7 quid if you want a large rum and coke for example. Well, add 1:40 for the coke.... 

Ridiculous prices 

A lot worse in central London. Pint prices about the same in normal places but when it comes to doubles or shots you are talking a ridiculous amount. Can easy pay 40 quid for a round for 4. 

No doubles bar either so 7 quid if you want a large rum and coke for example. Well, add 1:40 for the coke.... 

Ridiculous prices 

A lot worse in central London. Pint prices about the same in normal places but when it comes to doubles or shots you are talking a ridiculous amount. Can easy pay 40 quid for a round for 4.

Fuckinghell, I swapped one of my favourite beer gardens when they sold out and increased a pint of Staropramen from 80p to £1.30. I'm back at 80p now although sometimes I treat myself to £1 pint. How do you guys fund your alcoholism?

Fuckinghell, I swapped one of my favourite beer gardens when they sold out and increased a pint of Staropramen from 80p to £1.30. I'm back at 80p now although sometimes I treat myself to £1 pint. How do you guys fund your alcoholism?

brass ourselves out 

Brew at home to supplement.

Happy hours as well, you get an ice bucket of 6 Corona's for 20$.

Apparently they don't like doing that if you're by yourself. Fuckers.

It's no wonder my missus asked why all the houses in the UK are tiny. We can't afford anything else.

Wise up guys, get yourselves overseas and live a better life. Stig can pilot the boat

Portsmouth, across the Solent, over the Channel, up the Seine, quick portage to Germany, to the Danube and then onto Budapest.

I can taste the cheap pints and Hungarian salami already.

My brother-in-law has a catamaran moored just off Wooton Bridge. He won't mind if we abscond it.

Portsmouth, across the Solent, over the Channel, up the Seine, quick portage to Germany, to the Danube and then onto Budapest.

I can taste the cheap pints and Hungarian salami already.

My brother-in-law has a catamaran moored just off Wooton Bridge. He won't mind if we abscond it.

There'll be a pint and a palinka waiting for you. Although if you could bring a couple of barrels of cider and decent ale with you?

Ridiculous prices 

It's the same in the nice bars in town Stig but has you know you can get a cheaper bevvy down here but it's always been dear in central London,where you our £4.40 isn't as bad as I thought it would be mate.

I can't stand lager, (obviously drink it if there is nothing else on offer) I can drink corona 's, sol's or desparodos though!

My main poison is cider!all cider, and love finding new ones- found a single barrel cider tonight by gamers at 7.5% which is going down well! And by cider I mean cider, none of this magners or Bulmer shit!

I have however just started to get into real ale, and have started enjoying the world of alcoholic drinks with crazy names!

• Upvote 1

It's the same in the nice bars in town Stig but has you know you can get a cheaper bevvy down here but it's always been dear in central London,where you our £4.40 isn't as bad as I thought it would be mate.

It's about £3.80-£4 a pint in Leighton Buzzard now, however I drink down a community centre and I pay about £2.60 for a pint in there