You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City Vs Liverpool (August 25th, 2014)

WhiskeyJar

We will play on the counter attack

This would be my team:

------------Mignolet------------------

Manquillo- Lovren- Skrtel- Moreno

-----------Gerrard-----Henderson--------

----------------Coutinho--------------------

Markovic-------Sturridge----Sterling

Bring it bitches.

Our best chance is with 11 players able to win their individual physical battles and pushing up on them. If we sit deep, they'll just pass their way around Gerrard or Lucas. Hope neither start or we won't win. 

We get it Hades, you don't let Gerrard in the team.  

What you don't get is Gerrard is fine with a couple of hard working midfielders in front of him - he reads the game well and will mop up behind, instigate plenty of forward movement, and provide the killer ball from which goals happen.  

• Upvote 5

We get it Hades, you don't let Gerrard in the team.  

What you don't get is Gerrard is fine with a couple of hard working midfielders in front of him - he reads the game well and will mop up behind, instigate plenty of forward movement, and provide the killer ball from which goals happen.  

I agree he's fine, but is he the best option?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

As far as I'm concerned, Gerrard is still the best midfielder in the premier league. It just takes him a little bit of time to get up to speed at the start of the season

It does seem like that. Season before last especially.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Last season was exactly the same. A dozen games or so.

The season before he was just dreadful. I dare you to watch the Swansea game from that season. Car crash performance.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Definitely. I was ready to put a fork in him at that point, thought he was done.

That performance broke me. I actually just wanted him dropped because I thought he was finished. Two years later he's still rocking.

I wonder if Mario will be in the stands. I reckon you'll be able to press the red button on Sky for Balotelli-cam. 

'Well Ed, Balotelli just seems to be watching the match at the moment. No real trouble so far.. though at one point he did glance at his phone, we're not sure why but we're trying to find out and obviously we'll stick with him until something does happen' 

• Upvote 1