You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City Vs Liverpool (August 25th, 2014)

WhiskeyJar

Oh no. Cue the commentator saing "Edin Dzeko" two hundred times during the match when he could just say "Dzeko". It drives me fucking mad.

edit : just saw our team further up, looks good. With some luck Markovic (if he's on the bench, surely he is.) will be subbed on in the 2nd half to destroy them on the break.

Haha.

Not sure how long its gone on for but i only noticed it during the World Cup, every player on the pitch was called by their surname apart from Dzeko, it's fucking odd and highly irritating.

Lucas didn't even make the bench. I think that's the writing on the wall for him.

Substitutes: Jones, Manquillo, Sakho, Toure, Can, Markovic, Lambert.

Given we appear to have agreed a fee for a loan with Napoli he's probably headed out to Italy.

If Johnson's having a mare, at least we can hook him and replace him with someone half decent.

No Flanagan either...

flanagan has been injured for at least a month. did you watch any of pre season or keep up to date with whats going on?

I'm okay with the decision to start Johnson over Manquillo. Not that I believe he would fare worse than Glen, but a bad performance in such games can really set the confidence level of a young player with little professional playing experience quite a bit, as happened with Flanagan in that Sunderland game a few years ago. And, let's be honest, if there's one game in which we could potentially get a hammering, it's City away. Hopefully, it won't come to that, but from a longer term point of view, I'm happy with Manquillo starting on the bench for this one.

Anyway, can't say I'm incredibly confident about tonight. But, I do hope that if we can't get anything out of the game we'll have at least put up a performance which won't hurt us confidence-wise for upcoming games. I thought we were really poor against Southampton, but you never know, this team has surprised us many a time last season.