You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - butthead?

Boss

That is fucking beautiful and a perfect demonstration of why Phil no longer has a job in coaching. Good job he was able to blag the BBC that he might be ok at punditry because his brother is (a lifetime pattern)

What a team! so now when the opposition break instead of VP Rooney and Valencia standing hands on hips watching ,they will have Falcao and Di maria as well . Marvelous!

tell me about how Manchester United aren't shit anymore......

Jones

Smalling

Fellaini

Young

Fletcher

Anderson

And thats giving Jonny Evans the benefit of the doubt

That dirty clodhopping bastard won't get away with 1/10th of what he did when Whiskey conk had the refs in his pocket. He will be at Hull in January

Good comparison. Have you ever gone all in on a pair of 9’s? I have. But only when I’ve been desperate and on my way out of the game. Play your pair of 9’s when there’s a lot of money in from several other players and hope there’s another 9 in the flop. Could be your route back in the game, though probably it’s your funeral.

Time will show if this is good buy or good bye.

hu4rolls?

The biggest comfort for me about their move for Falcao is the clear lack of forethought to what was merely an opportunistic snatch at someone left with no other options. What would most concern me is them showing signs of having made a clear plan and sticking to it, prepared to stand still or even take a step back this season while they lay solid foundations, so they can move forward on a far more stable footing over the next few years.

Instead, they've decided to brazen this one out and try to still look the part, while working absent of a script. Sure, it could come off but it won't be by design, and they'd had months to put one together. Much better chance it goes horribly wrong for them and they miss out on CL again. Only a couple of years ago those odds seemed like a very distant dream.

I agree with all that but I would add that even that if it does work out its just a quick fix.

The Chavs and City despite the massive spending built a solid core of a team around players like Terry, Drogba, Lampard, Kompany and Silva. What Utd are bullding fuck knows

but its not the foundation of any great team

• Upvote 1

Mike Phelan bang on the money. Manchester utd identity has been "broken"

http://www.espnfc.com/manchester-united/story/2016491/manchester-united-losing-identity-after-danny-welbeck-salesays-mike-phelan

The Busby babes, class of 92 etc This was a club who prided itself on its youth policy. Bobby Charlton must be turning in his fucking grave.

In his grave?

Mike Phelan bang on the money. Manchester utd identity has been "broken"

http://www.espnfc.com/manchester-united/story/2016491/manchester-united-losing-identity-after-danny-welbeck-salesays-mike-phelan

The Busby babes, class of 92 etc This was a club who prided itself on its youth policy. Bobby Charlton must be turning in his fucking grave.

In his grave?

They buried him with Stephen Ireland's Nans.  Terrible business it was.

• Upvote 1

Man united identity my arse. What, poach everyone else's fucking youth players then augment it with record signings like Stam, Ferdinand and these clowns? Fuck off.

Poach = tap up.

Their 'identity' died years ago.

Round about the time they took the words 'Football Club' off their badge.

• Upvote 2

Judging by their first three games of the season, they're miles off top four. Di Maria and Falcao will make them stronger, but the team still looks unbalanced. The worry would be if they bought a couple of really good players in defence and midfield in January.

If Falcao is completely over his injury it's a potentially frightening signing. They could prove to possess the best player in the league this season overnight, seemingly by luck rather than judgement.  Can only hope that either he's not fully recovered or can't maintain his fitness.  They'll still struggle in many games overall, but Falcao at his best adds points to them from the get go.

Not even going to pretend I didn't want us to sign him, I'd have absolutely loved it in an ideal world.  By the same token, there's clearly a major risk involved in terms of any permanent damage he could have suffered, multiplied many times over by the ludicrous cost.  If we had rolled the dice and it went wrong, it would have been a true disaster for us on both fronts.  Appears United can absorb the financial hit.  However, all but writing off a season, should their efforts to paper over numerous cracks with his goals collapse due to him not being physically right, would likely be a very different story.

• Upvote 1